10.7 - The truth about Xu Bai, news reports, it's you again

Chu Fei didn't realize how much impact his words had on Lin Liang, so he continued on his own: "I said the wrong thing and made him sad. Now he is angry with me. I have to coax him... ...Oh, he said he wanted a wedding, so give it to him. Anyway, I have no intention of getting married in this life. It's pretty good to think about being with him for the rest of my life. Hahaha. If that's the case, you're still ours. You're a matchmaker, if it hadn't been for the bet I made with you, I wouldn't have thought..."

"Wait." Lin Liang finally came back to his senses from his chaotic thoughts. He asked in a trembling voice, "Are you sure? You want to marry Xu Bai? Are you crazy?"

Although when Xu Bai told him this, he also felt that the other party was having some whims, but now that Lin Liang said it like this, he felt inexplicably unhappy and frowned slightly: "What do you mean?"

"..." Lin Liang took a deep breath and thought about his way of speaking for a while before saying: "Let me put it this way, Chu Fei, I know you must have feelings for Xu Bai. After all, he is you We have been raised by each other, and we have been together for so many years. The most important time was the day of my wedding. If something happened to you, it was Xu Bai who blocked the trouble for you... But how can I say this? You can compensate his family, you can You can do many other things in his name for charity, but I don't think it's necessary to marry him."

After hearing what Lin Liang said, Chu Fei's face darkened. After a moment of silence, he asked, "Why is it unnecessary to marry him? It's just a wedding, why is it unnecessary for him?"

"This is not a question of wedding or not." Lin Liang felt a chill running down his spine. He wiped his hair and said, "You want to marry a dead person. Let me tell you, for this matter, you If the elders of the Chu family find out, they will have to break your legs. There is really no need for you to do that. Why bother? Besides, people cannot be resurrected. You have to accept the reality. To put it another way, you really like Xu. I'll help you find one like Bai, and then let him have plastic surgery like Xu Bai, okay?"

There was silence on the other end of the phone. After a pause, Lin Liang asked tentatively: "Brother? Brother? Are you still listening? Chu Fei?"

"You just said, dead people?" Chu Fei felt that his hands and feet were cold, and he asked: "What do you mean?"

"Isn't it obvious? Xu Bai is dead. He is dead. How can you marry him?" Lin Liang hadn't realized how important he had said. He sighed deeply: "I I heard that on the day you had a car accident, the person who hit you with the car had a problem with you before. He wanted to kill you. Fortunately, Xu Bai saved you, but he was miserable. , I didn't go to the scene to see it, but I heard that he didn't know how many bones were broken. His whole body was lying on the ground as softly as if he had no bones, and his blood was all over the road... Anyway, he didn't make it to the hospital. It's gone. I know you're sad, but no matter how guilty we are, Xu Bai won't survive, so there's no need for you to put yourself through it."

"He...is dead? Who did you listen to?" Chu Fei asked in a trembling voice, "You're fucking cursing him!"

Lin Liang was about to curse back, but when the words reached the tip of his tongue, he suddenly realized that something was wrong with this sentence. He stared at the screen of his phone with his eyes wide open, then stuttered a little and asked, "Don't you know he is dead?"

"...Impossible. I just saw him. He went back to his hometown. His grandparents have also passed away. How could he be dead? What nonsense are you going to say?" Chu Fei still refused to believe it.

"...You..." The hairs on Lin Liang's back stood up: "You said you saw him, he went back to his hometown? I... what the hell... did you see something?"

Lin Liang's reaction didn't seem to be fake, but Chu Fei still couldn't believe it.