5.18 - Vomiting blood, meet, kitty

Lin Nan is dead.

Jiang Shenyi still couldn't accept this. He almost held the door of the intensive care unit until the security guard forcefully opened his hand. He watched helplessly as Lin Nan was covered from head to toe with a layer of white cloth, and all the instruments were removed. After being pushed away by the medical staff, Jiang Shenyi could barely stand up. He supported the bed and held Lin Nan's hand with trembling hands. He thought many times about how he and Lin Nan would end. Maybe Lin Nan would Forgive him, maybe Lin Nan will ignore him. The worst thing is to part ways and never see each other until death... But he has never thought about it, the distance between life and death.

At least he never thought about it until he learned about Lin Nan.

"Actually, before this, you had many opportunities to prevent this tragedy from happening, but you didn't, and you even contributed to it." Xie Chao stood aside. There was still a lingering smell of blood in the ward, and Lin Nan was quiet. Lying on the hospital bed, Xie Chao looked at this scene and felt his breathing was slightly short of breath. He subconsciously looked away: "You can cry, he can't hear it anyway."

Jiang Shenyi's head rested on the edge of the bed, and he was shaking all over. Tears fell on the sheets, staining them with water.

Xie Chao only looked at it for a while, then he turned around and left. Logically speaking, the mission in this world has been completed, but he still wanted to stay a little longer. He wanted to take a look at the peach tree that Grandma Lin mentioned before Lin Nan was buried. , he went to pick two and put them in front of his tombstone. It was not a worthwhile trip here.

But before Lin Nan was buried, Xu You's funeral was hastily arranged. He and Jiang Shenyi's phone call records and other evidence, especially the evidence of how they used illegal means to seize the Lin Group, were handed over to Jiang Shenyi. The police were informed, and all the property under Xu You's name was frozen for investigation. Mr. Xu himself had a criminal case. If he hadn't suffered a severe stroke, he would have been in jail long ago.

In the end, the only people who returned to the Xu family's house were the old man and the child. The old man lay in bed with no one to help him all day long. Being in bed for a long time will cause bedsores. He whispered the name of his grandson: "Bear bear... bear bear..."

The child was hiding in front of the door and playing in the mud. When he got really bored, he found some toilet paper, rubbed it in his ears, and stuffed it in his ears, pretending that he couldn't hear anything.

Xu You's ashes were bumped into the urn. All cemeteries in the city require money, and now the old and the young are most in need of money, so Xu You doesn't even have a burial place, but is placed by the old man. At the bedside, the child got tired from playing and went back to wash his hands. He stood at the door and said, "Immortal, you stink!"

The old man's face was flushed with a hint of bruising. His face was a little crooked due to the stroke, and saliva flowed out of his mouth when he opened his mouth.

The old man looked at the lawless great-grandson in front of him who was favored by him, and then thought of his grandson in the urn beside the bed. His wife's photo was hung on the wall. His lips trembled and tears flowed down.

"Oh! Old man Xu over there has lost his grandson. How pitiful! It's just an old man and a young boy!"

"What's so pitiful? This old man hit someone and ran away, causing the young man to lose his life. Do you know who the young man was? He was very kind to him and even built a house for his family. Mr. Lin, the one who appears on TV every day and does charity work for the elderly..."

"Oh, isn't this a crime? Oh, it's retribution!"

...

Things spread quickly in the streets, and within a few days everyone knew about it. The naughty kid used to be protected by the old man and Xu You, but now no one can protect him. In the past, he threw stones at him. The half-grown children who had spitted came to the door in groups.