3.19 - Imprisonment, new emperor ascended the throne, Jiang Yao

When the palace door opened, the regent Chu Yuanhuan rode forward. No one in the palace stopped him. When the guards within the city walls saw his horse, they all knelt down and silently greeted him.

The black military flag entered the imperial city, and iron hooves stepped into the palace. All the soldiers wore chainmail armor and black iron masks. Wherever they went, they could smell the strong smell of blood under the armor.

The uncrowned king, that's about it.

The palace was silent late at night, and the sound of singing and dancing in the harem was continuous. Only a few confidants were left in the imperial study room where Fu Zheng was. After a while, he seemed to have noticed the same thing, and asked: "Where is Commander Mu?"

"Your Majesty, Commander Mu is taking leave tonight." Manager Jiang said in a low voice.

Fu Zheng held the table with one hand. He glanced at the maids and eunuchs in the room, paused and said: "What happened outside? Why is there no sound at all? In the past, there was the sound of cicadas, but today there is nothing." "

"It's probably because the weather is getting cold," Manager Jiang said.

Fu Zheng was silent for a moment, stood up suddenly, took the sword on the wall, and walked out quickly. Before he could reach the door, the door of the royal study room was opened, or to be precise, it was knocked open. The guard was kicked in covered with blood and fell at Fu Zheng's feet.

He was stunned for a moment, and looked up, only to see soldiers wearing black chainmail outside, holding guns in their hands, wearing black iron masks on their faces, their eyes cold, the yard was quiet, Lian Qiu cicada's sounds disappeared, and the heads of the guards guarding the side were cut off. It was obvious that they were defenseless. The heads were piled up in the yard, filled with a strong smell of blood.

"Regent...Prince Regent." He recognized the black military flag at a glance, and subconsciously took a step back. The soldiers seemed to have received some kind of order, and they divided into two groups to get out of the way. The two of them left one after the other. Coming over, Fu Zheng knew that the person behind him was Chu Yuanhuan, while the person in front was wearing a black cloak, an iron mask, and a silver crown. An answer almost broke out of his throat, but Fu Zheng did not dare to say it.

"Fu Zheng, it's your turn." Chu Yuanhuan looked at him and said with a smile on his lips: "Retribution is coming."

...

Before leaving, Xie Chao once asked 333, "Is Xie Yixing still there?"

"No more." Different from the answers given in the past, 333 did not hesitate this time. He said: "Not everyone wants to stay. Hengyang is gone, so there is no need for him to stay."

"What a pity." This was Xie Chao's heartfelt words. Xie Yixing was a good emperor. He asked, "Tell me, what kind of ending does he want for Fu Zheng?"

"Imprison him." 333 stopped his horse, looked up at the tall imperial city, and said slowly: "Rather than killing him, imprisoning him in Changming Palace forever will really make his life worse than death. "

What Fu Zheng is most afraid of now is Changming Palace, because there are people there that he wants to see but dare not see, but this person he will never see.

The Changming Palace in Luoyang, thousands of miles away, has collapsed. The ancestors buried in the imperial mausoleum nearby, Xie Yiheng, were also buried nearby. Even though everyone felt sorry for Fu Zheng, at least Xie Yixing never felt sorry for him at all, but he died. So miserable.

"Fu Zheng, you have to live. Death is a kind of relief for him, but I can't let him be free." Xie Chao said.

...