10.2 - Sanitarium, fainting, joke

"Okay, I understand." Xie Chao said after a long silence: "See you tomorrow, Mr. Chu."

After hanging up the phone, he looked at the photo on the screen saver of his phone, which was a distant view of a small village. He rubbed it lightly with his fingertips. This should be where Xu Bai's grandparents lived.

Early the next morning, Xie Chao got up and changed his clothes. He glanced at the message Chu Fei sent, which contained the address of the nursing home. Xie Chao did not drive there. He was not sure whether he could appear on the surveillance camera now. If it doesn't happen, tomorrow's headlines will probably be about self-driving cars.

This was too supernatural, and he didn't want to appear in today's headlines in this non-human form.

The distance from him to the sanatorium was a bit long. After taking the subway line two, he changed to a bus. After fifteen stops, he arrived at the sanatorium. He looked up at the road and the corners of his lips twitched slightly.

The sun wasn't too bright, but it was a bit hot at this time. He was walking along the sidewalk. He was the only one on the entire road. Occasionally, there were vehicles passing by. His phone vibrated in his pocket, and he answered the question. I heard the other person say: "Xu Bai, what time is it?"

"I came by bus." Xie Chao's voice sounded breathless. Chu Fei on the other end of the phone heard this: "What? Why don't you drive?"

On this screen, one could almost imagine the frowning look on the other person's face. Xie Chao couldn't understand that such a person could be considered "gentle" in Xu Bai's eyes.

"The car...has a shadow." Xie Chao said.

As soon as he said these words, there was no sound on the other side. Then he heard a rustling voice coming from the phone. Before he could think about it carefully, he heard the man say: "You wait where you are, I will Have someone pick you up."

"Okay." Xie Chao said.

He also thought about taking a taxi, but taking a taxi is not allowed to go up the mountain. You have to walk up, so he simply took the subway here. He guessed that the world was too sinister and he urgently needed to gain some popularity.

"Brother Chao." There was a hint of cough in 333's voice, and then he said: "Just stand where you are, and the car will arrive in about ten minutes."

Xie Chao found a shaded place to stand and sighed: "I can't imagine the happiness of rich people."

This is a private sanatorium, it should be said that it is the whole mountain. The entrance is at the foot of the mountain. You can usually drive up. Cars without a pass are not allowed to drive up and can only park at the foot of the mountain.

Ten minutes later, a car honked its horn beside him and then stopped. The driver rolled down the window and said, "Xu Bai, get in the car."

He stood up, opened the car door, got in, and said respectfully, "Mr. Chu."

The person driving the car was Chu Fei. He frowned slightly, looked Xu Bai up and down, and then said: "You actually recovered faster than me. I thought you had to wait a little longer."

When he said this, he didn't notice that the eyes of the person sitting in the passenger seat dimmed slightly for a moment.

"Originally I wanted you to find me, but after thinking about it, I'd better come down and pick you up, otherwise you might not know the road." Chu Fei laughed, and then opened the fender in the car, revealing the grid inside. He threw a compact box to Xu Bai: "Here, I saw the chocolate you like in the hospital. No one likes it except you, so just take it with you."