5.3 - Old neighborhood, regret, injury

After Jiang Shenyi drove home, it was an apartment he lived in. It was neatly arranged, but not popular. He opened the stewed vegetables he bought on the road, put them on the plate, and ate only two pieces. I couldn't swallow it anymore.

He suddenly remembered that this was what Lin Nan liked to eat, not what he liked to eat. It was just to please Lin Nan and get into his heart, so he deliberately drove around in a circle every day just to buy it. This thing goes back.

But no one was eating it now, and he didn't understand why he drove around to buy it.

"Maybe it's because of habit?" He murmured lowly, then packed up the stewed vegetables and threw them into the trash can.

After washing himself with hot water, he lay on the bed. A boring and bloody love drama was playing on the TV. The men and women in it were either silly and sweet, or they were just being silly. Jiang Shenyi was a little bored watching it. I turned off the TV and lay down to sleep, but I couldn't fall asleep.

He hesitated for a while, then got up and made a call. As usual, no one answered. His face darkened slightly, he threw the phone aside and stopped paying attention to it.

On the other side, after Xie Chao took care of the hospital affairs, it was already midnight when he went back. This was Lin Nan's last residence. It was in the name of his grandma. It was a very shabby old community. He hadn't been here for a long time. , after taking out the key from his pocket and opening the door, what hit him was the lingering damp musty smell.

The rainy weather in the south is the most likely to cause mold. He frowned slightly, then turned on the switch. The light bulb flashed a few times and then went out. The whole room was lit by a small decorative lamp. It was many years ago, Lin Grandma took Lin Nan to the park to buy a small bubble light toy. I didn't expect that it could still be used after so many years.

The tense emotions along the way collapsed again at this moment.

The old community is in a school district. At night, you can hear the voices of parents helping their children with homework outside. After sitting in the corner for more than half an hour, Xie Chao finally stood up. He glanced at the certificates all over the wall. Lin Nan has been honored since childhood.

"Standing on the wall for thousands of years, one can be strong without desire." These words were written with a brush and hung beside the hall. The words above have disappeared, and these words have begun to fade and are hung with spider webs. Xie Chao learned from the original owner's In my memory, I know that this handwriting was written by Grandpa Lin. There is a hint of stubbornness and toughness in the cursive writing.

He tried the water in the kitchen and it still worked, but there was no rag in the room. After Xie Chao stood holding the table for a while, he took off his T-shirt, soaked it with water, and wiped the floor with the faint light.

His arm is actually injured, and the action of wiping the floor will only make him more painful, but it is more like a way to numb himself. This room is not big, it is only sixty square meters at most. Grandpa Lin's portrait is in the box Maybe in a few days, Grandma Lin's portrait will be added here.

More likely... Lin Nan's should also be added.

His cell phone had long been out of battery. Except for debt collectors, no one would contact him at this time. Lin Nan remained silent. After tidying up the house, he took a cold shower. The water heater was broken, so he hurriedly took a shower. Then he lay back on the bed.

This bed was far worse than what Lin Nan had slept in before, but with the familiar smell, he slept more peacefully than before.

"This emotional impact is too great." In his sleep, Xie Chao heard 333 whisper worriedly: "The advanced mission world is still too difficult."