1.22 - Confession, remorse, farce

——Lu Yu, never seen again.

Lu Yu suddenly woke up from his nightmare, covered in cold sweat. He lay on his back on the hospital bed, his chest heaving violently, and there was a hanging needle on the back of his hand. After a while, the pain all over his body slowly came back.

"Are you awake?" The nurse who came to change his dressing glanced at him and said, "Lie down and don't move. Although you are destined to die this time, you are still seriously injured. The calf bone is fractured and the spine is broken." Broken bone, I will have to stay in bed for at least a month."

"Where is the person who came with me? How is he?" Lu Yu asked immediately.

"Come with you? No one came with you. After you had a car accident, someone made an emergency call and sent you to the hospital." The little nurse thought for a while and then said: "On the contrary, your friend has been Outside, do you want to ask him to come in?"

"Who? Is it Shen Li? Let him in." Probably remembering the unpleasant scene in his dream, Lu Yu's face turned a little pale. The little nurse shook her head: "It seems to be called... Luo Feng."

When he heard that it was not Shen Li, Lu Yu's eyes flashed with disappointment. He forced a smile and said, "I know, thank you."

It seemed that Shen Li did not follow him to the hospital, but this also proved that Shen Li was not injured. Lu Yu felt a little disappointed, but more than happy.

When Luo Feng came in, he saw Lu Yu lying on the hospital bed. He clicked his tongue twice: "How did you get yourself into this?"

"Something went wrong... There should be surveillance video of where I had the accident. Go and ask for me." Lu Yu just woke up and was still a little weak: "By the way... call Shen Li for me and ask. How is he? Did he get anywhere?"

"You're like this, why do you still care about him?" Luo Feng looked at Lu Yu helplessly, he shook his head and sighed: "I asked you when you were in a coma. I heard that you entered the hospital just to save him. It turns out he didn't come to see you."

"He's still angry." Lu Yu said with a pale face: "That car... I can see clearly that it hit Shen Li deliberately. I suspect it is the kidnapper's car. You call the police immediately. Don't do it again." Let him run away."

"I understand, just lie down first." Luo Feng said.

Cheng Qi went back immediately after get off work. When he got home, he saw his wife and children making handmade mooncakes. This was the first time since Shen Yu's incident that he saw his son smiling so happily.

"Dad?" The child turned his head after hearing the voice. When he saw Cheng Qi, he rushed forward and excitedly handed the dumpling in his hand to Cheng Qi: "I met my brother today and he sent me home."

"Brother? Which brother?" Cheng Qi was stunned for a moment.

"Who else could it be? It was Shen Li. My son almost got lost in the afternoon. It was Shen Li who brought him back. I don't know what they talked about on the way. The child was very happy when he came back and said he would work hard to draw. I will paint the best painting for Shen Li in the future." Cheng Qi's wife also laughed when she saw this: "Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival, so I made moon cakes for him to take back."

Cheng Qi subconsciously took a step back, then he knelt down and hugged the child tightly: "Don't let the child come into contact with him next time."

"Why? The child likes him very much." Cheng Qi's wife was a little puzzled: "Our child was very happy the two times we had contact with him, and his condition has improved a lot."