3.16 - Death, layout, meeting

Fu Zheng followed Commander Mu to the side hall, which was no longer as gorgeous as it used to be. Commander Mu said, "Because the former emperor Xie Yixing had been imprisoned in the dungeon, and he was moved into the side hall after the incident."

Fu Zheng ignored Commander Mu's words. He stood at the door of the side hall, but did not go in. After a while, he said: "I don't want to hear this, he is not dead."

Until now, he was still obsessed with this. Commander Mu and the local officials looked at each other and lowered their heads. After Fu Zheng waved his hand, he pushed open the door of the side hall.

Because the side hall is located relatively far back, it has become the only remaining palace in Changming Palace. The moonlight outside shines through the windows and shines on the ground. Fu Zheng saw a straw mat on the ground and a person lying on it. , covered in blood.

Fu Zheng whispered: "The corpse must have been randomly created to deceive me. They all want to deceive me. They all want to deceive me." As he said that, he took a few steps forward. The closer he got to the corpse, the closer Fu Zheng got. The suppressed uneasiness was like a imprisoned beast, about to break out of the cage and rush in the direction that Fu Zheng least wanted to admit.

The corpse was just as Commander Mu said. It was impossible to tell who it was. He could barely identify it as Xie Yixing through the blood-stained clothes and body shape.

"It's fake, it's all fake. This man can't even see his face. How could he be doing this? He loves cleanliness and tidiness so much. He is usually afraid of being scolded by the late emperor, so he has to choose his clothes for a long time every day. He How could you wear such clothes? It's fake..." Fu Zheng seemed to have verified his inner guess, and he laughed: "Fortunately, I came to see it, otherwise I would have been deceived by them."

He took a step back, as if about to turn around and leave, but out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a piece of jade pressed under the body. Fu Zheng's pupils suddenly shrank, and his whole body froze in place. For a moment, it was as if a basin of cold water had poured out of his body. The top of his head poured down.

He knew this piece of jade, and he still had one in his hand, but it belonged to Xie Yiheng, and he had seen Xie Yixing's piece countless times. When they were lying on the bed, he once heard Xie Yixing say: " This was given to me by my father, and I will always carry it with me. This is a symbol that when jade is with us, we will survive, but when jade breaks, we will die."

Fu Zheng rushed over almost without thinking. With trembling hands, he took out the jade from under the corpse. It was the same jade he had seen countless times. There were black and red blood stains on it. The blood has long since dried up, and the word "Yixing" can be faintly seen inside.

The body lying in front of him had almost only white bones on its face, and its former appearance could no longer be seen. Fu Zheng held the piece of jade and carefully held it in his arms, as if he suddenly reacted, almost He walked back like he was running away. He didn't take more than two steps when his feet went weak and he fell to the ground. The jade in his arms also fell out. He quickly stepped forward to pick it up, but unexpectedly his hand touched it and broke into pieces. Two pieces of jade.

"No, no, it can't be broken. This is a bad idea. The jade cannot be broken." He picked up the jade and murmured in a low voice: "I will find the best craftsmen when I go back. I will definitely restore the jade to its best condition." , Jade cannot be broken... Yi Xing, I will be back in a minute, why did you leave your jade here? I... I will be back soon." He put his hand on the ground, stood up reluctantly, and left without looking back. The corpse lay quietly on the ground.