Chapter 49

Jerome's POV
I fucked up big time. Its not like im doing a ting with the girl. We've just been close for a long time. Like before i met Janelle. She was going through a lot of shit and i wanted to be there for her. I continued banging on the door. I didnt want Janelle to be cutting because of me. That would break my heart so much.
"Janelle please open the door. Let me explain"
I heard the door unlock and Janelle went and sat by the window looking out
"Janelle" she didnt look at me
"Janelle" i said walking over to her. I was about to touch her but she flinched so i backed away.
"Baby, im not doing anything with her. Its just a girl ive known for a long time. Shes going through a lot and i wanted to help her"
She looked up at me. Her eyes were puffy and red. Like blood red. Tears were streaming down her face. I hated seeing her like this. It hurt. It hurt a lot.
I looked down to her arms and saw some fresh cuts. I felt a tear stream down my face. "Baby you didnt have to do that" she looked down again and she kept crying. I was going to hug her but she flinched again
"Baby" i was in tears now
"What?" She said in such a quiet voice i could barely hear her
"Its not what you think it is. I promise. I would never do that to you"
"Its fine"
"Really babe?"
She started crying again
"Babe why do you always say your fine when ik your not?"
"Its easier than explaining how i feel."
I sat on the bed and sighed.
"You know how i felt Jerome?"
"How?" I looked up at her
"I felt like i wasnt good enough for you. Same way i wasnt good enough for my dad. You were the best thing that happened to me apart frm my mum. I felt like i let you down."
She put her head against the window and started crying again.
"Janelle"
She didnt reply
"Janelle Riley, look at me"
She turned her head.
"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I wouldn't do anything to mess that up. You are my everything"
She turned her head again and didnt say anything. I sighed again and walked out the room.
What am i gonna do? Will she ever forgive me?