Chapter 4

I woke up and was blinded by the sun shining through the window. I felt for my phone and it was 12:30. I slept for long. I looked around for Jerome but he weren't there. They smell of food creeped up my nose. I smiled at the thought of Jerome cooking for us.

I didnt want to go down stairs with only my bra and knickers so i walked into his walk in closet and looked for a top that would be big on me.

I felt hands come around my waist. I instantly smiled.
"Morning Jerome"
"More like afternoon, babe" he chuckled. I playfully punched his arm and he threw me over his shoulder. I started laughing hysterically. It always happens when he picks me up
"Babe; put me down" i said in between laughs. He ran down the stairs making me laugh even more. His strength turnt me on, ngl...

We sat down at the table and bae put a plate of food infront of me. Fried chicken and rice and peas. I looked up at him and smiled to say thank you
"Your welcome beautiful"
I giggled
"How do you do tht?"
"Do what?" He started smiling. He knew exactly what i was on about
"You know exactly what I'm talking about. The way you reply to my mental messages"
"I can read your face babe"
I smiled and began to eat.

When we had finished eating i went back upstairs to Jerome's room.
"Jerome!" I shouted down the stairs
"Yes Janelle?" He said coming up
I loved the way he said my name. It made me get butterflies.
"I need to go home and get some clothes"
"Yh, you live with me now babe"
I instantly started smiling. I loved when he made decisions without asking.

He drove me home and parked outside. "Give me 20minutes yh?"
"Don't take long"
I smiled and gave him a quick kiss before walking to the door.

I really didnt want to go in here. I was just praying my dad was asleep. I walked in and went straight to the kitchen. Thank God it was my mum washing up.
"Hey mum"
"Hey baby, where you been?"
"With Jerome"
"Oh, i like him. You official yet?"
"Yes" i said smiling
"Good for you babe. Don't look so tense your dad's at the shop"
"Phew" a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.
"Janelle, i hate the way he treats you. I think its best you live with Jerome"
"Mum! You read my mind because i was going to say the same thing" we both laughed and shared a hug.
Mum dried her hands and she followed me to my room to help me pack.
"Do you love Jerome"
"Yh i really do mum"
"He love you?"
"Yh he tells me all the time, hes waiting outside for me now"
"Okay that's good"
My heart sunk as i heard the door un lock. I looked down
"Oh no" i heard my mum mumble
I heard him run up the stairs and come straight into my room.
"What the fuck are you doing here?!"
"I live here."
"You didnt live here yesterday when you didnt show up last night"
"Im 24 years old, if you really cared you would've called me"
"You're right. I dont care. You could've been in an accident and still, i wouldn't care"
"Jay.." My mum chimed in
"This is your fault anyway Joanne. You should've been on birth control you st-"
I am sick and tired of this guys bullshit i swear
"or maybe you should've used a condom... OR MAYBE, just maybe, YOU SHOULDNT OF PUT UR 2 INCH DICK INTO HER VAGINA"
He glared at me as the tears ran down my face.
"I am sick and tired of your bullshit. Im sorry you wanted a son. Im sorry you didnt want me to be born. You think my mum didnt tell me you wanted her to have an abortion? Well she did. Atleast she has some heart. You on the other hand... I dont kno what to say. Just rememeber that God is always watching. Mum I'll call you every night. As for you, Jay, your never going to see me again. Your no type of dad" by now the tears were streaming down my face like niagra falls. I gave my mum a quick hug and kiss, pushed past Jay and ran out of the house with my bags.

I got into the car and threw my bags to the back.
"Oh my gosh, baby whats wrong"
I told him everything that happened on the way home between cries. He held my hand all the way there.
I had finished recalling what happened when we stepped through the door. He put my bags to the side and wrapped his arms around me, he knew i just wanted to be held. He broke the silence 5 minutes later
"Babe dont worry about what happened today. In fact, forget about it. You've got me now and your my wifey, my ride or die. You're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend. Just promise me this babe..."
"Whats that?"
"Please dont self harm again"
I sighed
"I'll try babe."
He pulled me in for a hug
"I'll try"