4.9 - Su Yang: The strange thing is not the time, but the people

The director of the crew of "Absence of Consciousness" is different from other directors. He is a person who pursues perfection extremely. If there is even the slightest mistake, he will ask to do it over again. Not to mention Lin Xinyue, even Su Yang has been criticized by him several times. 

"Crack!" Director Zheng slapped the script on the table and said angrily, "That's not it! That's not how it feels! The protagonist is a patient, and he knows very well what his current situation is."

Director Zheng took a deep breath and said, "Think about the plot for yourself. If you don't feel good today, stop filming... I tried more than a dozen times in a row, but none of them worked."

Su Yang was silent for a moment. He stood aside and re-read the script. There were many comments on it, but none of them could help him get through this scene.

"In this scene, because of the lack of consciousness, the protagonist is unable to show emotions to himself or others. In other words, it's not that he doesn't know how to be sad, nor is he not sad, but he can't show that he is sad. ." He Han came over to play with Su Yang naturally as usual. He said, "It's like a person is trapped in a tailor-made cage. This cage is airtight. Now there is The water poured in, from his feet, to his calves, to his lower abdomen, to his chest... It increased bit by bit. He once shouted loudly, but no one could notice, because only he could see this cage. He watched helplessly as he was slowly being submerged, silently, and no matter how he called for help, others could not see the invisible cage that was about to drown him."

He Han described it very specifically, and Su Yang was almost out of breath. He looked at the words in the script, "He stood in the crowd, looked around, and couldn't find anyone of the same kind. He was confused and sad."

"It's one-way." Su Yang looked at He Han and said, "It feels really suffocating to be able to know other people's emotions but not be able to express your own."

"I asked the doctor about this." He Han said, "Patients with loss of consciousness are difficult to cure and are more painful than other mental illnesses, because other mental illnesses are self-centered and can feel Pain can be different due to lack of consciousness. It is even the opposite. It cannot feel itself, but it can feel the pain of others, centered on others, and it is imprisoned voluntarily or involuntarily."

For some reason, He Han remembered the sentence Su Yang wrote at the end of the script.

——I leaned back, that was the abyss.

Being able to write this sentence has proven that Su Yang has a thorough understanding of the script. What is strange is that he re-shot this simple scene more than ten times, which is very abnormal.

When the director started filming again, Su Yang had already adjusted everything. In this scene, He Han, the older brother, was hit by a car because he was protecting him and fell to the ground. Su Yang stood there, watching. He Han had an expressionless face, and people around him gathered around him. Some said they wanted to call 120, some said they wanted to call the police, and most of them were questioning him.

"They two know each other, right? Why is this person motionless?"

"So indifferent? This man must be sick."

"What's going on with this young man? Don't you know how injured he is?"

...

These comments came to Su Yang's ears. He seemed to want to feel sad. He forced himself to feel sad, but...he was obviously so anxious and uncomfortable in his heart, but his whole body seemed to be imprisoned, unable to move, and his eyes were open. Watching blood flow out of He Han's body.