3.3 - Su Yang: Is it me who suffers every time?

Incense was burning in the imperial study. Emperor Tianqi looked at the memorial that came up without looking at his son who was kneeling in front of him. Su Yang knelt for a long time, his figure already shaky. He gritted his teeth and held on, with cold sweat breaking out on his forehead.

Even without looking, he guessed that his wound was probably open and throbbing, but he didn't even dare to hum.

I don't know how much time passed, but Emperor Tianqi said without raising his head, "Did King Zhenyuan go to the East Palace today?"

"Yes, Father." Su Yang said.

"Shen Xingting is indeed a little impulsive. No matter what, you are also the prince of Tianqi. Even if you do something wrong, it is not his turn to deal with it as a king with a different surname." The emperor dipped some ink on the brush and made an annotation on the memorial. , and then added, "I heard that he left angrily, but where did he hurt you?"

"I didn't hurt Er Chen. He came to return the painting I had made when I was young." Su Yang lowered his head and said respectfully, "The painting has been burned by Er Chen. The friendship between Er Chen and him is also broken."

After hearing this, Emperor Tianqi raised his head and looked at Su Yang. He laughed and said, "It's just a child's temper. We have been friends with classmates for more than ten years. We grew up together as children. How can this relationship be broken so easily?" Already?"

"Father said so." Su Yang lowered his head and said.

"It's been three years. I remember when you and the second child were making trouble in my imperial study. You were more calm, but the second child was not good. He loved to make trouble." As if recalling the past, Emperor Tianqi shook his head and sighed. , said, "I didn't expect that the second son actually... alas... the fact that he fell into the water during the southern patrol was a pain in my heart. An accident caused me to lose a prince."

Su Yang didn't dare to say anything, and the wound on his chest became more and more painful. He frowned and put his hands on the ground.

Emperor Tianqi seemed not to notice, he said, "The Shen family is in great power now, even I can't easily move it."

"I know that I should bear all this, and I will never complain." Su Yang lowered his head and said. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Emperor Tianqi take out a jade pendant, and immediately raised his head to look at the jade pendant. Emperor Tianqi was playing with the jade pendant, and said with a slight smile, "Although jade is not precious, there is only one piece in the world. The same is true for jade, and the same is true for people. If the jade is broken, there will be no second piece of jade. Instead of it, if a person dies, he is truly gone."

Su Yang immediately knelt down and kowtowed. He lay low on the ground and said word by word, "I know that I am obedient to my father, and I beg my father to keep this piece of jade."

"Okay." Emperor Tianqi saw the jade pendant was put into the brocade box again, and he said, "Your mother is not feeling well today. You should go and see her. What should be said and what should not be said? You don't need me to tell you bit by bit. Did I teach you?"

"My son understands," Su Yang said.

Su Yang put his hands on the ground and slowly got up from the ground. He almost stumbled a step, but managed to regain his balance. He lowered his head and said, "I'm going to visit my mother right now... I'm going to leave."

Emperor Tianqi waved his hand and continued to read the memorial. Next to his hand was the brocade box containing the jade pendant.

After Su Yang left, the chief steward who had been standing next to him asked, "Your Majesty, between His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and King Zhenyuan... It stands to reason that only a few people knew the inside story about the breakup between King Zhenyuan and His Highness the Second Highness three years ago. Do you want me to go check it out and find out who leaked the news and let King Zhenyuan know that the matter is related to His Highness the Crown Prince?"