3.13 - Su Yang: Ready to change the world (End)

Shen Xingting followed what the miracle doctor said and hurried to the Ice Pond. As soon as he arrived at the Ice Pond, he noticed something was wrong. The water that should have been bone-chillingly cold was no different from an ordinary pool.

He knew instantly that there was no Tianxinglu in it.

Shen Xingting suddenly remembered something, and his expression suddenly changed. He suddenly turned around, mounted his horse, and drove back with all his strength, but he only made it to the capital in the early morning of the seventh day.

For some reason, he always had a bad premonition. The closer he got to the city gate, the more obvious this feeling became. When he walked into the city gate, he found that every house had hung white flags, and the bustling market was full of people. The city was extremely quiet at the moment. There were no vendors hawking along the streets. Heavy snow had covered the capital. The silence was suffocating.

Shen Xingting did not dare to stay longer. He whipped his horse and rushed to the palace. His face was pale. The horse stopped at the entrance of the palace. He saw the guards wearing white hats. Shen Xingting's heart suddenly hurt. When the guard saw him coming, he quickly knelt down and said, "I humbly bow to the prince."

"What's going on? Why are the whole city... hung with white flags? Who's dead?" Shen Xingting didn't even notice that his hands were shaking slightly. He gritted his teeth and said, "Who's dead!"

"Reporting to the prince, it's His Highness the Crown Prince...His Royal Highness the Crown Prince disappeared last night..." The guard half-knelt on the ground.

"Impossible, you lied to me. Your Highness said you would wait until I came back. Today is the seventh day. You lied to me." He ignored the shouts of the guards behind him and just ran towards the east palace. The ground was slippery with snow. He even I fell twice and my clothes were stained with snow, but I still walked towards the East Palace persistently.

On the way, he saw countless eunuchs and maids all wearing white clothes.

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince's funeral ceremony must be prepared. His Highness left too fast, but the etiquette cannot be neglected."

"It's a pity that His Highness is so young..."

"No one would have thought that the East Palace was in trouble, and there was not even a eunuch or maid in it..."

"Then when His Highness left, wasn't he burned alive? How pitiful..."

...

The voices of these people passed by Shen Xingting's ears. He subconsciously ignored them, not daring to listen, let alone think deeply. The closer he got to the East Palace, he seemed to be able to smell the smoke coming not far away.

He suddenly stood on the spot. The palace door in front of him had been almost burned. The palace inside collapsed and was in ruins. It was no longer as prosperous as before.

Shen Xingting felt like a person in a painting. His senses seemed to have been stripped away. He could only hear the whistling wind in his ears and the sound of snowflakes falling to the ground, but could not hear anyone speaking.

He saw someone walking towards him, but he couldn't take a step, and his whole body seemed to be frozen.

It's strange, he obviously didn't go into the cold pool, and his internal energy is still there, so why is he so cold? It's so cold that it feels like your soul has been frozen, broken, and placed in the abyss. Looking at this scene is like a painting.

——East Palace. Gone.

"Your Highness." Die'er's voice pulled him back. Shen Xingting turned to look at Die'er and said, "Where is Your Highness? Are Your Highness waiting for me?"