3.6 - Su Yang: This is superstition

On the day of the palace banquet, it snowed heavily. When Su Yang arrived at the Qinghuan Palace, his cloak was already stained by the wind and snow, and there were some snowflakes on his hair. Looking from a distance, he looked a bit young and gray, and Shen Xing looked at it. Ting was slightly startled.

"His Royal Highness." The palace and ministers saluted one after another. Su Yang raised his hand to signal them to get up, and then walked to his seat.

His seat was very close to Shen Xingting's. In previous years, they were seated together, but this year, something was different.

Shen Xingting sat opposite Su Yang without raising his head, and Su Yang didn't care.

After the emperor and the queen arrived, the palace banquet began. The dancers danced beautifully in front of them. Su Yang turned to look at the queen, as if he wanted to say something, but the queen didn't look at him from beginning to end. Su Yang's fingertips Mosuo touched the wine glass in front of him, then finally let go of his hand and stopped moving.

"The auspicious snow heralds a good year. This year's snow is heavy, so there will be less locust plagues next year," the emperor said with a smile.

"The monarch is wise, the country is peaceful and the people are safe, and the weather is smooth." The officials below agreed.

The emperor suddenly turned to look at Shen Xingting and asked, "What does King Zhenyuan think of the border tribes?"

"Your Majesty, the border tribes have surrendered to Tianqi, and there is a large army stationed at the border. It must be okay." Shen Xingting was the prince who called on horseback. His words were naturally very credible. The emperor smiled and nodded, but his eyes were filled with confusion. Thoughtfully, he thought for a moment and said, "After the early spring, the prince will go to the south for a tour every three years. Let the prince go this time."

Su Yang stood up and said respectfully, "My son, I accept your order."

Shen Xingting raised his eyelids and glanced at Su Yang. Even if Su Yang didn't look at him, he knew that this gaze was like a sharp blade, scratching his body bit by bit.

Halfway through the palace banquet, the queen left on the pretext of feeling unwell. Su Yang watched the queen leave with a slightly lonely look in his eyes, but it was only for a moment. He quickly hid her and never saw her again.

"I heard that the Crown Prince has some disagreements with King Zhenyuan today. They are both young people, more or less young and energetic, and some friction is normal." The emperor said with a smile, "You two are still sitting on both sides today. Okay, how many days has it been? Are you still angry?"

Su Yang's hand froze slightly, he lowered his head and said, "It's your fault."

Shen Xingting stood up and said, "When I came, I saw that there was no place beside His Highness, so I sat here. This caused His Majesty to misunderstand, so I changed my seat."

He raised his hand and asked the eunuch to move his seat next to Su Yang, and sat there. As soon as he got closer, he found that Su Yang's face was not too good, so he asked in a low voice, "Your Highness has been overly worried recently. ?"

Su Yang was stunned for a moment, shook his head and said, "No."

"Your Highness, do you remember that there were three people sitting here before?" Shen Xingting said with a smile. From the outside, it seemed that he was joking with Su Yang, but only Su Yang could see clearly the hatred hidden in his eyes. Su Yang felt His fingers were slightly cold. After a pause, he said, "Remember."

Emperor Tianqi drank a little too much and went out for a walk, leaving the palace banquet to Su Yang.

Shen Xingting smiled and said, "Since His Highness remembers this matter, and His Highness is a good brother who loves and protects his younger brother, I guess you don't mind having another seat here, right?"