1.11 - 888: I think you are far away from success

Bai Yingying lay in bed at night, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. She always felt that something bad had happened. She clutched her chest, and finally sat up and called Lu Linshen.

There was no answer on the other end of the phone, and Bai Yingying's bad premonition became stronger. She thought for a while, her fingers wandered back and forth on the words "Chen Mingyang", and finally dialed.

"Sorry, the phone you dialed has been turned off..."

The mechanical voice prompt sounded, and Bai Yingying pursed her lips slightly, feeling panicked. She subconsciously picked up the cup next to her and took a sip of water. The phone that was still nearby suddenly vibrated. Bai Yingying immediately looked over and found that it was Chen Mingyang who was replying. Bai Yingying breathed a sigh of relief and answered the phone.

——"Miss Bai, is it okay to call Mr. Chen so late?"

Bai Yingying instantly recognized the voice of the special assistant, her face changed drastically, and she ended the call almost without thinking. In her panic, she dropped the water glass in her hand on her bed, and the water in it wet the quilt and pillows. .

She held her phone blankly and looked at the messy bed, her face pale and bloodless.

The special assistant glanced at the hung up phone, thought for a moment, and immediately informed Lu Linshen about the matter, saying, "Before, Chen Mingyang had been insisting that he did it alone, so he let people I checked his communication records and took the phone over by the way...Unfortunately, just now, Miss Bai called, and after hearing my voice, she immediately hung up."

In this passage, each word alone is fine, but when put together, there is something fishy in every word.

Lu Linshen stood outside and looked at Su Yang. His expression didn't even change. He just raised his eyelids and glanced at the special assistant, and said calmly, "Watch her."

"Mr. Lu, do you mean Mr. Chen, or..." the special assistant asked hesitantly.

"She is not allowed to leave the room even half a step, wait until I get back." Although Lu Linshen did not say clearly who it was, the special assistant already understood it and immediately nodded and said, "Okay."

Just as the two of them finished speaking, the person who was supposed to be lying in the intensive care unit suddenly twitched slightly, and the instruments inside suddenly emitted a harsh scream. Lu Linshen's face changed with shock. He didn't care about anything else and immediately looked at the person lying on the hospital bed. The medical staff kept him out and did not let him in.

He could only watch through the glass as Su Yang's whole body twitched in pain, and he curled up in pain. The doctor injected medicine into his body. Lu Linshen wanted to go in, but was blocked outside.

In a game with the God of Death, Su Yang is the protagonist and Lu Linshen is the bystander.

*

When Su Yang woke up, he was already in the general ward. The familiar smell of disinfectant filled the surroundings. His throat seemed to have swallowed a mouthful of gravel, which made his throat hurt. There was always a smell of blood in his mouth.

Lu Linshen had always been by his side. Seeing that he was awake, he immediately asked in a low voice, "How are you? Are you feeling uncomfortable?"

Su Yang opened his mouth, and immediately frowned because of the pain. He coughed twice in pain, which made people feel distressed.

The doctor came over to examine him and said, "Fortunately, the rescue was timely last night. Otherwise, the consequences would have been disastrous. He would have been wandering through hell."