s*t*a*r*s 8 - pt 136

Start from the beginning

“I heard your new song, Aura.I want to use it for the love scene in Hope’s Corner,” says Harley, not wanting the subject of breakfast to be her drinking, but something more upbeat.

Spencer is stunned, rubbing her hands on her jeans.“Honestly?”

“It’s one of the best love songs I’ve heard in a long time, we can do a full version and a stripped down one.We have a few weeks before Joss is done and I have to finish the score.I think I have a pretty good hard rock one ready, but the lyrics aren’t great I was going to ask you to help with that,” admitted Harley.

“Sydney has been working on something, we can get together when you need us if you want,” offers Spencer.“Right now, I have go jet.You can stay as long as you want.I’m taking Shadow with me, by the way, no more furry bed buddy for you.”

Harley laughs.“Thanks, give Shadow a kiss for me, would you?” teases Harley, her emerald eyes smiling.

Spencer snorts.“Like hell, you kiss the dog; I save these lips for Rylee.”

“I’m sure she’ll be glad to know that,” shoots back Harley as Spencer departs the beach house.Eating the cereal and staring at her cell phone, Harley wants to pick it up and call someone, so she does, dialing Alysse’s number without thought.

s*t*a*r*s

Tegan walks into the dimly lit room where Matt is working.His dark hair a mess, as usual, his blue eyes squinting and looking over a computer, she is sure.She watches him for a few minutes, watching his long fingers removing screws from the back of the laptop, the way his lips purse out in thought.

She sneaks into the room, making sure not to let him see her.She moves behind him, leaning over his shoulder and kissing his cheek.“Are you still fixing computers?”

“I am starting to think everyone is trying to break them to keep me from eating,” he turns his head and kisses her lips quickly.“Get all your work done?”

“I did,” says Tegan.“Did you pick yet?”

Matt cocks an eyebrow and then says, “I did.”

Tegan holds her hands up and waits.

“UCLA,” says Matt.

“Really?But you got into – everywhere!” says Tegan.She sits on the stool next to Matt. “Don’t do this for me.You go to school wherever you want to go and I’ll follow you.”

Matt grins.“My parents are only an hour away.I think UCLA will be great.I need computer science, info tech background but I want some law background too.I think the FBI will appreciate what I have to offer when I get…”

Tegan seals his lips with a kiss.His pocket protector pokes at her but she ignores it.He pulls her closer and finally breaks the kiss.“What was that for?”

“You realize that there are strings to pull to get you into the FBI, right?”

Matt narrows his eyes.“No, I didn’t.”

“Rylee and Spencer’s moms?Both are FBI’ers.I bet you they could help you get into Quantico if you asked,” says Tegan.

He smiles and shakes his head.“No, I think I can do it without their help.”

“You are such a boy scout,” she says with a snort.She rubs her thumb along his chin, dark with stubble.She sits back down and spins the stool towards the other computer sitting there.The back of the laptop is open.“Do you just need to reseat the RAM?” she asks.