s*t*a*r*s 7 - pt 127 - Finale

Start from the beginning

            Amy nods. 

            “You had something to do with that.  You had something to do with me being who I am too,” reminds Spencer.

            Amy watches Spencer from the corner of her eye.  “How’s that?”

            Spencer grins.  “Hell, don’t you know?  Can’t you see?  Yeah, I’m Jo’s kid, but I’m yours too.”  She laughs.  “I do Amy Astin things all the time.  Used to when I was a kid too, Jo’d say it all the time.  I’d like to get to know you, is all.  Before you and mom start up your roller coaster ride again.”

            Amy laughs.  “I told her no.”

            “Sure,” says Spencer. “That’s gonna last a week.  Listen, Amy, and I mean really listen.  I didn’t resist being with Rylee because that’s how it’s supposed to be.  That’s how we beat fate, we follow along and work things out little by little.  And now, we’re strong.  Imagine what you and Jo could do if you joined forces and stopped trying to fight destiny?”

            Spencer stands up as Rylee walks over towards them.  “Just think about it, Astin,” says Spencer winking at Amy.

            Rylee walks right into Spencer’s arms, and their lips meet effortlessly.  Spencer’s whole body relaxes the moment Rylee touches her.  They walk away from Amy to leave her to think.

            It takes a long time to clean up the carnage and decide what to do, but Amy doesn’t want to be a part of that, she doesn’t move.  No one comes to her.  While they all had a hand in the insanity of ridding the world of the return of Iesous, Amy knows she will miss Jon.  When she’d needed someone to tell her she wasn’t insane for loving Jo, he’d been the one to reinforce that. Maybe he had known about the eternal bloodline and how the bonding worked, she didn’t know. 

            The sun of the long day is moving downwards towards the horizon, twilight descending on them, but Amy can’t move.  Eden, Logan, and their baby were safely inside the school, Darci looking them over, making sure that not a trace of what Iesous had done had any lasting effects.  Dathan was standing guard.

            She feels something touching her shoulder and she turns, her cheek brushing something.  A cold bottle of water. 

            “I figured you’d at least be thirsty,” says Jo.

            Amy silently takes the bottle.

            Jo sits next to her, much as Spencer had hours before. 

            “I need to explain something to you,” begins Jo.

            “You Wheaton’s have a bad habit of picking really bad times to talk about really heavy stuff, don’t you?” asks Amy.  Her voice is not angry just flat.