s*t*a*r*s 7 - pt 114

Start from the beginning

            She pushes Jayden over onto her back and sees that her chest isn’t moving.  She props the flashlight up so she can see.  “Jayden, you irresponsible idiot, wake up.” She slaps Jayden hard.  No reaction. 

            Just as she’s about to do it again, the body disappears.  Her hands fall right through her and she lands on the pad.  “What the?”

            Jayden stands behind her and she punches Sydney.  She doesn’t have time to land the next blow because Sydney teleports away.  In the dim light, Jayden wheels around and catches the short bat before Sydney can hit her again. 

            “How the hell did you do that?” screams Sydney.

            Jayden head butts her.  

            “You’ve got a lot to learn, Doyle.  I don’t need powers, I can cast spells!  Legacy can negate powers, but not all magic.  Research, child.”

              Sydney’s nose gushes hot blood.  Jayden wrestles the bat away from her, but Sydney is quick.  She grabs it and ports away, doing this several times, each time she hits Jayden.  Half of the time Jayden is able to deflect the blows, twice she lands a hard hit to Sydney’s chin, another to her chest, but finally, Sydney knocks her back out.

             She falls onto her hands and knees, her nose bleeding profusely.  “Damn, damn it.”

             She instinctively jumps to the door of the infirmary.  Then remembers it’s no longer Hathaway that mans the infirmary.  The boys had split her long before they’d gone after the girls.  Somehow she’d merged again and had bolted the island.  They had no idea why she hadn’t told Natalie about what had happened, but they’d been saved by some grace. 

             She feels light headed and stumbles into the infirmary and Samantha Vance gets up from her chair and catches her before she falls over.

             “What happened to you?” asks Sam.  She hoists her up and eases her over to a table. 

             “Fell,” says Sydney, her voice guttural and thick. She coughs up some blood, that one blow to the chest that Jayden landed had hurt her badly too, she was now spitting blood up.  “Hard.”

             Sam lifts the head of the table up and leans Sydney back.  She has several contusions and scratches.  Something odd casts over Sydney’s face and she groans. 

             Sam pulls on a fresh set of gloves and quickly packs Sydney’s nose.  “Where did you fall?” asks Sam.

             “Ummm…. Over by the rock ledge….”

             Sam doesn’t believe her.  Her grey eyes show her suspicions. 

             “Be careful of the blood,” snaps Sydney.

             “I know all about that.”

             Sydney snorts.  Fresh blood dribbling from her nose.  “Sure you do, doc.”

             Sam watches as the blood slows and she’s starting to heal.  Quickly.  Sam says nothing and packs her nose with fresh gauze.  Making a note to tell Natalie that Sydney Doyle heals much to quickly for someone with HIV.

s*t*a*r*s

            Abby does her best to wipe up the blood that rivers from Sydney’s nose, over her full lips and down her chin.  It coats her shirt.  “Great, so that means that if the dark Syd, or the dark any of us, gets hurt, we get hurt too?” says Tegan.  This just keeps getting worse.