s*t*a*r*s 6 - pt 106 - finale

Start from the beginning

             The risk is astronomical, the ramifications are more than wild, and Jo is going to hate her for what she is going to do.  But in the last few days, Bev has come to realize that if Jo is alive, there would be a part of her that would love Bev forever, and someday, Jo’d forgive her.  In a day, a year, three years, she doesn’t know, but she’ll forgive her. 

             A deadly risk also, because Jo may well be ready to kill her once Bev injects her with the DNA altered blood.  There is something else also; would injecting her work at all?  Is there a spell to cast?  A way to do it?  Bev doesn’t know, she only knows that she has to try.

             Finally, after what seems like an eternity, Spencer emerges from the room, her eyes dry, but her face holding the look of pain.  “She’s ready for you guys….”

             Emma, Darci, Amy, Shelby and Natalie all step into the room, before closing the door, Emma says,  “You guys might want to head to the kitchen, this is going to take a while…. And it won’t take long after…”

             Tegan, Rylee, Abby and Sydney begin to walk down the hallway, all talking amongst themselves softly.  Bev reaches out, catching Spencer’s hand and spinning her around, “I need your help.”

             Spencer gives Bev an odd look.  “Bev, it’s over… in an hour, they’ll have taken the DarkHeart away from her and she’ll die… I think that’s what’s keeping her going…  She’ll die...”  Spencer chokes hard on the last word.

             “I need your help,” repeats Bev desperately.  “I think I have a way of saving your mom, but I need help, and no one can know you helped me, do you understand?  I want everyone to think I did it on my own.  It’s imperative to the plan that you stay silent about the role you are about to play.”

             Spencer grimaces, shaking her head, thinking that Nat or Amy would have found a way if there is one, “If there is a way…”

             “There is a way; a way that you’re mother will hate me for, I’ve looked at it from every angle, analyzed it, thought about it… but…  I’m taking my chances, but I need your help getting into Natalie’s little hidden archive of artifacts in her office, I need something that she has hidden there,” says Bev solemnly.

             “…Are you two coming?” asks Tegan, who’d comes back to check on why Spencer hadn’t followed them downstairs.  Tegan stops short; the stunning blonde looks from Bev to Spencer, then back to Bev, instantly she knows something is going on.

             Spencer contemplates for a moment, gesturing for Bev to follow.  “We’ve gotta do something….”

             “No, they can’t….,” stammers Bev.  “I can’t involve them.”

             “Listen to me, we don’t need to know what you are doing, but you’re going to need us, all of us, get the rest of the girls, meet me outside of Natalie’s office,” orders Spencer.  “Quick, trust me, they can keep a secret.”

             To Tegan’s credit, she moves off rapidly, while Spencer makes the swift trek over to where Natalie’s office is.  Standing in front of the door, Spencer looks like she is thinking, staring at the door as if willing it to open, but it doesn’t.  Tapping her foot to an unheard beat.  “What’s in there, in her little room?”

             “I can’t tell you, you just have to trust me, and please you know I wouldn’t do this unless I had too, unless…,” swallows Bev hard, she has to get Spencer to understand that she just knows what has to be done.