s*t*a*r*s 6 - pt 100

Start from the beginning

            “I’m not saying it’s your fault, sis, I’m saying that the fact that you’re dying might have something to do with the fact that suddenly they can hear one another,” snaps Jayden.  “We induced a coma until we can figure this all out.  It will only last a while, I guess you’ll have to teach them how to block it out.”

            Natalie comes out of the dungeon, which she, Dr. Hathaway and Darci have transformed into a small infirmary.  The room even smells like a hospital and Jo wonders if that’s part of the spell too.    

            “Emma will be here in a few.  Sydney and Mike are here already,” says Natalie, greeting them at the door.  “Hello Bev.”  She gives Jo a steely look.

“Bev knows what’s going on and she is my girlfriend and don’t give me that look, Natalie Summers.”

            Jo catches sight of Jayden’s fingers gliding over the back of Natalie’s hand as she passes by her and then walks out of earshot.  Jo mind brushes Natalie and finds that they are sleeping together.  Great.  Wonderful.  That’s all they need, another romantic couple.  The world is going gay, thinks Jo.

            “Amy?”

            “Here already,” says Amy from behind her.  She nods a greeting to Bev.  “How did this happen?  None of them are telepaths.  Could it be some kind of attack?”

            “I think it has to do with you dying,” says Natalie.  “The DarkHeart is going to be released and doesn’t that play with your telepathy?”

            Jo frowns.  “No, I mean, well, I’m not as strong a telepath because of it or anything.  I don’t know, Nat.  Could someone be doing this?” asks Jo.  Bev takes her hand and squeezes it.  Amy eases next to Jo, wanting to take her hand too but she doesn’t.  When was she going to get over Jo Wheaton?

            “I’m all for theories,” says Darci.  She takes the latex gloves off and drops them into the small waste basket next to the door.  “The other thing?  Sydney’s HIV is back and I can’t figure out how or if Spencer cured her.”

            “What?” snaps Mike from behind her.  He spins Darci around to face him.  “No, no, Spencer got rid of it.”

            “Mike,” says Jo.  “Spencer put it to sleep and because they aren’t related closely enough Spencer’s – wait.”  Jo pauses.  “The curing happened when Spencer was energy so she might have simply pushed it back to the brink of nonexistence.  Now that she’s flesh and blood….  Darci can we transfuse Sydney with Spencer’s blood?”

            Darci bites her lip hard.  “I’m reluctant, Jo.  We don’t know what cocktail you were given in the other reality that makes up her DNA.  I’d have to run tests and double check, it would take time.  Sydney has plenty of time I could barely get a viral load.  I can’t in good consciousness do that and it makes her worse, or does something else, Mike, I’m sorry.”