s*t*a*r*s 6 - pt 94

Start from the beginning

            “Hey, you were on our team!” says Amy as they start to quiet down, Tegan reaching over to take her mother’s scotch, but Amy slaps her hand playfully.

            “I am on your team,” teases Nina leaning in and kissing Amy, Amy tugging her closer and deepening the kiss.

            “GET a room!” says Alysse loudly, slapping the table.

            Harley is in a quiet conversation with Becca about the movie, Joss had left earlier telling Becca to stay.  Joss had to go back to the set, having scheduled a night time shoot.  Nina keeps looking over at Harley, whose hair is still tied up in a tight ponytail, the only time Nina’d seen it loose had been when Harley was playing Leigh.  Wanting to tug her hair out of the hair tie, letting the thick blonde hair cascade down over her shoulder, then Nina pushes the thought away, concentrating on Amy.

            Helen is telling Lana and Rylee about a restaurant in Katmandu that she’d eaten at earlier that week.  Camilla had gotten Jo’s okay to play some dance music later in the night.

“Harley, are you going to sing?” asks Jo as a round of drinks are served.

            “No,” says Harley quickly swallowing her soda with a cough.

            “Ah, come on, please?” begs Sydney.  “Sorry, but I’m a huge fan and have been praying that you’d play tonight.”

            “She plays, guitar, and writes songs,” chimes in Tegan.  “Spencer can sing and I mean she can belt out a tune.”

            “See, you have to now,” says Rosita.  “Give into the lil chicas.”

            “Yeah, Harley, don’t you have something new to play?  Hell, something old?” offers Nina with a bright smile.

            “No,” answers Harley stoically.

            “Party pooper,” says Rylee.  “Spence, babe, you and Syd should do that song she wrote that you’ve been singing, or hell, sing anything, since you can.”

            Spencer gives Rylee a cold look. “Um, in the immortal words of Harley, no.  This is not Haven Island, have you seen the people here?  This is not a few students at HIA.  No.”

            The table laughs, and Jo almost spits out her drink. “Wait, tell me my daughter isn’t singing?  Honestly?  Like, in front of people?”

            “Since her mom can sing too,” says Shelby with a mischievous grin.  Bev watches the interaction between Shelby and Jo, and it seems like they are more like sisters than the rest of the old friends.

            “Bring that up, why don’t you?” snaps Jo.  “I don’t sing, that’s a misnomer, a rumor perpetrated by people who wish to drive me utterly insane.”

            “Liar, you do to sing, remember at Kate and your…,” begins Amy then falling silent.  The memory of that night makes Amy blush brightly.

            “Engagement party,” says Jo softly.  “…What a night that was.”

            “What happened?” asks Alysse her dark eyes studying Jo who sips her drink.  Alysse is taking mental notes about Jo, Amy and their friends, needing to do some research about the woman that Bev is head over heels in love with.

            “They got engaged,” says Jo blandly.

            “Read the book,” snorts Darci having always thought Jo was crazy for having put any of their lives in to the form of a book; then again, it had helped Jo in many ways to out the Kindred.