s*t*a*r*s 6 - pt 92

Start from the beginning

            “Who is going to take her place?” yells Alysse.

            “Al, you gotta stop yelling, chica,” stated Rosita, grabbing Alysse’s hand and kissing her cheek quickly.  “People are gonna think you are crazy and I’ll take her place, okay?”

            “We’re on duty,” says Jo then talking to what seems like thin air.  “I’m well aware of our positions, Jack.”

            “Yeah, but you guys are all signed up to compete,” says Alysse loudly looking for the illustrious Jack Brady.  Not seeing the handsome blonde man anywhere in the vicinity.

            “We know, and Jack knows, and we still are, but we have to secure the perimeter and when all that is done, we will get to go play,” smiles Jo sexily.  “I’m going dark I’ve got something to take care of.”  Jo motions her head at Bev, stepping aside and letting Bev follow her away from everyone else.

“I didn’t think you’d come,” says Bev before Jo can say a word.  Jo scrunches up her face, putting a finger to Bev’s lips.

            “Shut up, Potter,” says Jo easily.  “Before you so rudely didn’t allow me to speak, I was going to say, I’m sorry.”

            Bev’s stunned, trying to stammer out a response, “W-w-what for?”

            “For not telling you all the reasons why I don’t want to move in with you, granted, the control freak thing was something that might make me see red,” begins Jo, she takes the earwig out of her ear, looks sheepishly at her hand as she juggles it.  “This job…  I’m in it for the long haul.  I’m good at this, great at it, in fact, but it takes its toll on me.  It’s hard, separating the darkness of it and living a bright life and I think I need some time to get used to it again, to learn to live with that hatred that I will face, that darkness in mankind that I’m going to deal with day in and day out.”

            “Time?” asks Bev still processing that Jo isn’t angry with her.

            “Yeah, and seriously, I understand you not wanting to move, and you have to understand I’ve just started getting close to Spencer again, the beach house seems to be a central point of that, must be the sun and sand…,” quips Jo.  “I need my daughter, and you need yours, so for now, I think living apart is easier for us.”

s*t*a*r*s/J*A*D*E*S

            “Hey, hey, hey!” yells Alysse as Helen, Harley, Becca and Joss walk across the field towards them.  Becca is flirting with Harley, Joss is snapping pictures with a long lensed camera, completely ignoring her wife’s flirting. 

            “She is hey’ing us,” Joss says in a deadpan tone, taking several pictures of Alysse yelling at them and waving frantically.

            “Better than…,” begins Becca turning to Joss.  “I don’t know what it’s better than.”

            “Chocolate,” says Harley quickly.

            “Sex,” adds Helen with a giggle.  Harley, her sister, rolls her eyes and swings an easy arm around her sister.

            “This is going to be a hellva long day,” growls Joss sexily at the thought of having to be around gay women all day long.  Joss didn’t think if you are gay that you have to have gay friends, all she wants is her circle of family, and the occasional day of peaceful sleep, which she rarely gets.