s*t*a*r*s 5 - pt 82

Start from the beginning

            “All part of the whole being in love with a fangy kinna girl, right?” says Rylee.  Their hands link and Rylee kisses her cheek quickly.

            Jo chuckles.  “Well, I’m going to leave you two alone, but when Darci gets here I’ll be back.  Spencer if you start feeling weird…”

            “I’ll make sure that Rylee runs off to get you,” says Spencer. 

            “It’s okay, Aunt Jo, I can handle her.  I’ll see if something is going to happen,” says Rylee with a nod.  “You can even send in the rest of the cavalry if you want.”  Rylee says nothing about not being able to see Spencer’s future, no one needs to know that.  She just wants time with Spencer.

            Jo chuckles.  “Oui, I’m sure they’ll want to get in here sometime soon.  Remember, leave when Darci gets here, okay?”

            “Oui,” says Rylee.  Her lips curl into a teasing smile. 

            Jo is struck by how much she looks like Mario when she does, dimples and laugh lines appear, her eyes twinkle like his do.  She nods and leaves the room. 

s*t*a*r*s/J*A*D*E*S

            “I don’t want to wait,” growls Natalie.  She wants to stomp her foot, she wants to yell, she wants answers. 

            Jayden shrugs.  “You are going to have too, Nat.  I’m not going to say this five times over, once Spencer is healed and everything else is settled, well, then I’ll tell everyone.”

            “Everyone?” asks Emma.  She and Jo had flown here, Shelby had been fetched by her daughter.  Darci was flying in only because she refused the Sydney free ride across the country. 

            “Yes, everyone,” says Jayden.  “The Legacy can play a great part in those girls lives and it’s a safe haven.”

            Jo walks around the massive library that they are in, it’s even bigger than the one at Haven Island Academy.  “Why don’t I know about this place?” asks Jo sullenly.

            “I don’t know, Dathan never told you?” asks Shelby.  “I’m figuring Dathan knows about this place.”

            Jayden nods. “He does but he doesn’t know that Leah is here, and we have to keep it that way.”

            “Why?” asks Emma.  She finds herself drawn to this place, she wants to stay here, the peacefulness oozes from every board and brick. 

            “Leah came here to disappear,” says Jayden with a heavy sigh.  “Let her do that until she is ready to live in the real world again, okay?  Living forever isn’t easy.  This is where she recharges her batteries.”

            “I’m sure,” says Darci coming into the room.  “How is my patient and where is my patient?”  She wears a dark green shirt and black jeans and is carrying her medical bag.  Jo raises an eye to the bag.  Darci lifts if and smiles.  “I didn’t think, I just grabbed my gear, Jo.  Where is Amy?”

            “She’s, um, talking to one of the residents here,” says Natalie.