If you have misophonia

I have misophonia (probably because I have autism, some claim autism and misophonia are linked). Misophonia is different for everyone. Different things trigger people, so things that trigger me might not trigger someone else with misophonia.

Requested by: DanteWolfOmen

Every sound/response you are about to read is based off of things that trigger me and my reactions to them so you can see how misophonia works.

Asra:

Some spells trigger you, so he avoids those spells when you're around and will only use them when you're away. Unless he has no other choice and has to use them. When he sees you panting, trying not to freak out, he will softly grip your shoulders, telling you to take some deep breaths before assuring you it's okay and it was simply the noise of the spell but now it's over.

Nadia: (I actually find the sound of horse hooves tapping fun, I sometimes just spend minutes walking around on a horse in video games just to enjoy the horse hooves on stone sounds, but I know some can't stand it. I used to ride horses when I was younger, but I was thrown off of one when it got spooked and afterwards my parents refused to let me back on a horse.)

If you can't stand the sound of the carriage, she is glad to go by horse. If you can't stand the sound of horse hooves, she is glad to walk. When you get angry, she will rub your back, saying in a soft tone it was only a noise so there is no need for this anger or any reckless actions you wish to do. When you throw with something, she will just sigh and get it replaced, giving you a scolding about how she knows this is an issue you can't control but you can't just throw with objects.

Julian: (I sometimes can't stand the sound of my brother talking. It makes me want to punch him. I obviously don't do that, but just know, people talking can also be a trigger for someone with misophonia.)

You love the man, but damn can his voice get annoying sometimes when he goes a bit too high while he's being dramatic or drunk. At first he didn't know, he always just thought you had a bad day whenever you groaned and closed your eyes, trying to keep calm. It was while he was drunk and speaking in that voice that angers you so much that you shouted for him to shut up. He immediately froze, sobered up in a matter of seconds before he asked what. When you cursed and covered your mouth, embarrassed you actually said it. So after awkwardly explaining to him your issue with certain sounds, he felt a bit bad and ashamed, but also understood it so he said he will try to avoid that tone of voice. When you shook your head, saying he doesn't have to do that since it's his voice and it's an issue with you you just have to fix, he will huff and drunkly try to sit cool only to look very weird as he says he will do whatever he can to make his lover comfortable and happy, even if it means he has to become mute.

Muriel:

His hut is almost always quiet, besides Inanna sometimes making a noise or you and Muriel talking, there really isn't any noise. When you two go to the market and all the people talk at once and some people shouting, Muriel will cover your ears and guide you away from the crowd and the noise. When safe again, he will check your face to make sure you're okay before letting go of your ears, asking you if you're okay to make sure you really are. When you nod, he nod back before he took your hand and took a route that was quiet with no noises to trigger any responses out of you.

Portia:

Her cottage is a very quiet place, so you don't have to worry about any noises. When Portia learned the sound of her closing doors, rushing up stairs and chewing makes you nervous, she will try her best to do all of these quietly to avoid you getting nervous. When you freak out or get angry, she will hug you, softly stroking your hair in a soothing manner, assuring you it's okay and there is no need to freak out or get angry before she guides you very far away from the sound.

Lucio:

He noticed it first when he scratched his fork and knife against his plate creating a loud, annoying sound. He noticed it because you did a weird movement, looking uncomfortable and frowning at his plate. So he did it again, laughing when you had the same reaction. He tried it again, only to curse when you snatched his fork and yelled for him to stop it or you will shove this fork in him. He awkwardly nod and took his fork back, mumbling he will not do it again. So now he makes sure not to scratch his fork and knife against his plate to prevent creating that sharp sound that annoys you so much.

Valerius: (Yes, I sometimes feel like stabbing myself when I hear a sound that triggers me. I have never done it because I know that is wrong to do, but I have held a knife to stab myself and wanting to put my hand in a pan a few times.)

He didn't think of it as serious, that was till a sound triggered you and you reached for a knife out of nowhere. He was quick to snatch your hand, asking what you're planning to do with a knife. When you finally looked away from the direction of the sound, looking scared and whispering you felt the urge to stab yourself, he almost spat out his wine in shock. He just stared before he asked what. So you repeated it. He groaned before he took the knife and handed it to a servant, telling them to remove every sharp object in your room before he told you to explain to him in great detail how this weird issue works before he sat down, pouring himself a drink, getting ready to listen to you explaining to him how this disorder works.

Devil:

When he does a thing as place down plates, scratch his nails on something, torture people, anything that can trigger you that he cannot do anything about and you complain, he will growl out he can't help it so you will just have to deal with it or simply ignore you. He only took it serious when you once locked yourself up in a room and sat against the door, crying, saying you don't know what to do about the noise and asking him to stop the noise. He immediately took care of the noise. Whether it was an object or person, he threw them far away so they can never bother you again before softly telling you it's done so you can come out now. When you opened the door, he gave you a hug, apologizing for having never taken your issue seriously.

MISOPHONIA IS NOT A PHOBIA, IT IS A DISORDER! It's a disorder that triggers emotional/physiological responses, some freak out, others have to run away from the sounds, and others get violent, some have learned how to live with it and simply ignore it the best they can. My responses change depending on what sound it is.

You know the saying, "This is driving me insane/crazy"? Yeah, just think of that, that is literally how it feels when you hear that sound that triggers you.