A family member passes away

You and your brother were always super close and he's always been your biggest cheerleader, just like you were his. So when the news came that he had passed away unexpectedly, you were devastated. You weren't sure how to deal with the loss considering nothing could've ever prepared you for it.

Taylor stood back, helplessly watching you because you pretty much pushed her away. She knew you needed time to process what was going on and to heal. She just hoped in time you'd be willing to let her back in so she could hold you and try to help you.

She panicked when she couldn't find you in the bedroom. She ran up and down the hallway until she heard you crying in the guest room.

Your brother had stayed there a couple of weeks ago. You didn't know then that that would the last time you saw him and got to hug him. You would've held on to him so much tighter if you did.

She gently pushed the door open, her heart breaking right in her chest when she saw you on the bedroom floor sobbing into the shirt he had left behind. It smelled like him.

The smell you got a whiff of every time he hugged you and the smell that had brought you lots of comfort over the years. Your bond was nearly inseparable, one that you didn't find between your friends and their siblings. He was your best friend and the loss hit you so much harder because of that.

She knew you needed your space but it hurt her to see you like this. She had to hold you, to remind you that she was there with you because that was her responsibility as your girlfriend.

She slowly approached you and sat down next to you before wrapping an arm around you. She was afraid you'd push her away but instead, you crawled onto her lap as you sobbed.

Taylor wrapped her other arm around so she was holding you with both as she stroked your back.

"It hurts."

She nodded her head, unsure of what to say but you didn't need that right now.

"I love you." She whispered before kissing your head.

"Love you too."

She held you there for hours until you fell asleep in her arms. She didn't carry you back to the bedroom, instead she laid you down on the bed where the pillows that still had your brother's scent on them were.

She tucked you in and laid down next to you on the floor, staying awake the whole night as she held you close.

All that mattered to her was helping you through this, no matter how long it took.