She has a nightmare

It was the feeling of a pair of kips on your cheek that made you jump awake. You opened your eyes to find Taylor sitting next to you on the bed, her knees pulled up to her chest as tears streamed down her face.

"Taylor? What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare."

You sat up and moved closer to her, pulling her into your arms.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head and kissed your shoulder. "I just wanna be with you."

You nodded your head and laid back down, pulling her down next to you so she could rest her head on your shoulder.

You rubbed her back as her breathing began to return to normal but she was still upset.

"Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it Tay?"

She shook her head and took a shaky breath, her eyes still finding yours even in the dark room.

"It was awful. You got hurt and I couldn't help you. I had to just watch you suffer, it was so bad and-"

"Hey, shh. Just take a deep breath. I'm here baby, right here and I'm not going anywhere."

She sniffled and nodded her head, her hands tugging your shirt down just a bit to kiss the soft skin on your shoulder.

"There's absolutely nothing to be afraid of Taylor. I'm safe and so are you. Try to get back to sleep, I'll be right here the whole time. I love you so much."

You kissed her forehead and watched her close her eyes, her lips parting as she began to softly breathe through your mouth.

"Sing to me."

She said softly and you blushed, normally embarrassed to sing in front of others but she was still slightly upset and you know she'd fight sleep if you didn't sing her to sleep.

So you nodded your head and thought about what to sing her before smiling and deciding on one of your favorites.

"Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple. I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will desert you. Just try to never grow up."

You heard small snores escape her lips and you smiled knowing that you had successfully sang your girlfriend to sleep after a bad dream, just like she'd done to you many times.