You overhear her talking about you (requested)

It's been a month now since you lost your job and you still weren't feeling like yourself.

That's pretty much why you lost it in the first place; because your mental health had gotten the best of you making it difficult to get out and do simple things, even the job that you had for almost a year that you loved with your whole heart.

It was hard on you and Taylor was so understanding of that. She comforted you every night as you played the voicemail from your boss repeatedly in your head. She just loved you so much and she told you to take your time to get back out there again, promising she'd be by your side every step of the way.

You haven't moved from bed much over the past few days so you gathered up all the strength you could and went downstairs.

As you approached the kitchen you could hear Taylor's voice. You couldn't quite make out what she was saying until you got closer.

"She's been kinda clingy lately and she hasn't done much. Sometimes I wanna go out and do something but she never wants to. It's hard, you know? Shit, I love her so much but sometimes it's hard."

Your eyes stung with tears and you gasped before running upstairs and burying your face in the pillow as you sobbed. You had to change.

It's been a couple of days and you've managed to put on a brave face.

You've gone out with Taylor a bit more and when you didn't go out with her, you tried not to lay in bed all day.

You would clean up a bit and cook dinner, things that you didn't do very often before. Taylor noticed how much you've changed and she knew you were still struggling with your mental illnesses.

She knows you better than you know yourself and she can tell you're trying to hide it from her and she couldn't understand why.

You were sitting on the bed and watching a movie. You greeted her with a smile, one that she knew was fake right off the bat.

"Y/n we need to talk."

You only frowned at her and she sat down next to you, grabbing your hands in hers and rubbing her thumbs over your knuckles soothingly.

"What's going on with you?"

You shrugged your shoulders and Taylor sighed, squeezing your hands hoping that you'd tell her what was going on.

"Talk to me baby. What's going on?"

You stayed silent for a few minutes but eventually talked.

"I'm sorry I'm such a burden to you."

Taylor shook her head and searched your face for a hint of a smile, hoping that you were just joking and that you didn't think that of yourself.

"What are you talking about?"

You scoffed and tried to pull your hands away from hers but she only tightened her grip on them.

"I heard you! I heard you talking to whoever the hell you were talking to. Telling them about how I'm so clingy and I don't do much. How you wanna go out at times but I don't wanna do because my anxiety and depression are so bad. I thought you understood. I'm sorry I'm such a burden."

Taylor looked down at the ground and sighed heavily. She wished she could take every word back and she hated herself for saying them about you in the first place.

"Y/n listen to me. You are not a burden. You could never be a burden even if you never ever left this bed and I had to wait on you hand and foot for the rest of my life. You still wouldn't be a burden. You are beautiful and kind and I'm the luckiest woman on earth to call you mine. I'm so sorry I said what I said, I didn't mean it. I swear baby, I didn't mean it. I'm so in love with you and you mean the world to me. I wouldn't be who am I without you."

You saw the tears fall down her cheek and you wiped them away.

"I'm sorry, baby."

You pulled her into your arms as she kept apologizing over and over again to you, telling you that she loved you endlessly.

"Please forgive me y/n." She whispered and you pulled away from her, resting your forehead upon hers and smiling at her.

"I forgive you. Can we lay down and watch a movie? Change into our pajamas and just cuddle for a while?"

Taylor couldn't stop smiling over your question and she nodded her head, grabbing your favorite pair of pajamas from the dresser as well as hers before helping you into yours.

She changed into hers and laid down next to you, pulling you in her arms as you drifted off to sleep, grateful that you no longer had to hide how you felt and that you were so lucky to have someone that loved you so much.