smoking because of stress (requested)

You hated smoking and you swore to yourself growing up that you'd never do it, but when stress began to pile up and you needed an outlet of some sort you turned to cigarettes.

You just found out that your parents are getting a divorce and the stress that came along with it was too much, so turning to smoking seemed like a good way for you to be able to handle it.

You've kept it to yourself, not telling a single soul and definitely not Taylor. You figured she was already stressed enough and you thought you could handle it.

Taylor was performing tonight and you stood backstage watching her, looking at how happy she looked.

She was in the middle of performing the last song for the night when a craving for a cigarette hit you making you sneak away.

You snuck outside and lit the cigarette, closing your eyes as you inhaled and exhaled the smoke. You were too distracted to notice that Taylor had come outside to find you, the show had finished a few minutes ago and she saw you sneak out.

It was only instinctive for her to trail after you. She was shocked when she saw the cigarette in your mouth as you took a few puffs of smoke, inhaling and exhaling it repeatedly.

"y/n?" She approached you slowly, watching you turn your head to look at her in shock.

She took a seat next to you on the ground, not even caring about the fact that she was getting her outfit from the show dirty.

She grabbed your hand in hers before taking the cigarette from you and putting it out with her boot before looking at you in shock.

"y/n... why are you smoking? You know how bad this is for you."

You sighed and nodded your head, feeling guilty for smoking in the first place.

Taylor grabbed your hands in hers and squeezed them reassuringly, rubbing her thumbs over your knuckles and bringing your hand up to her lips to kiss it softly.

"What? Why? What's going on? I know you. I know how much you hate smoking so tell me what caused you to start doing it?"

You looked at her, watching as a worried expression formed on her face and how her eyebrows furrowed.

You thought about your parents and how they told you just a few days ago that they just couldn't keep going with a broken relationship and you decided then that you couldn't keep it bottled up inside anymore.

You leaned over and rested your head on Taylor's shoulder, your tears hitting her skin. She rubbed your back as you sniffled, looking up at her with watery eyes and puffy cheeks.

"My parents are getting divorced."

"What? Oh, baby, why didn't you tell me?"

You shrugged, not really sure why you didn't tell her sooner. It's not like she'll ever judge you. She loves you and cares about you, only wanting you to feel happy and loved at all times.

But then it hit you.

The reason why you didn't tell her was because you were scared.

You looked up at her, your eyes boring into yours as she tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"I think I was just scared."

"Scared of what, baby?"

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes, the feeling of Taylor caressing your cheek softly making your eyes open.

"I'm scared that'll happen to us one day. I'm scared that if we do end up getting married, which we have been talking about a lot lately, that we won't make it, either. My parents have always been the biggest example of love in my life. I always wanted a love like that, just like theirs, but now... what if that's us? I don't know what I'd do if I didn't ever get to love you everyday for the rest of our lives."

It all came out so quickly and you felt the anxiety start to build up in your chest.

"Oh, sweetie, hey. You don't ever have to worry about that, okay? If things got hard for us, I promise you I'd keep fighting for us and I know you would too. I know it's not easy but it will get easier and I'll be here for you through this. I love you and i'm never gonna stop loving you, ever."

She leaned forward to kiss you, wiping your tears away with her thumb as she continued to soothe you.

You pulled away from the kiss and grabbed the pack of cigarettes from your back pocket, getting up and walking over to throw them in a nearby trash can.

Taylor smiled and pulled you onto her lap when you were in arms length. She planted a trail of kisses along your shoulder to your jawline, wanting you to know that she was there with you.

You two would always be okay and she'd be there to help you through this tough time with your parents.