Her parents yell at you and hurt your feelings (requested)

Taylor was happy to be spending the evening at her parent's house for a nice dinner and she was even happier that you accompanied her.

The whole evening she hasn't let go of you, wanting you to stay close as her brother told you embarrassing stories. You've met her parents before but they weren't exactly warmed up to you yet, though you hoped they would be by the time the night had ended.

You were sitting on Taylor's lap on the couch with her arms around your stomach, laughing as her brother told you a funny story.

She buried her face in your neck and kissed your shoulder a few times, giggling when she felt the vibrations of your laugh coming from your chest.

Austin had warmed up to you the second he met you, the two of you getting along like you've known each other your whole lives.

Taylor loved seeing how you two interacted and though he told you countless embarrassing stories about her, she didn't mind. It was so nice to see two of her favorite people getting along so well.

Andrea and Scott cleared their throats making all three of you stop laughing, your nerves kicking into high gear when they looked between each other and back at you with annoyed looks on their faces.

You began to feel uncomfortable and Taylor noticed, her hands reaching for yours and squeezing them in hopes that it would help you a little.

"Mom, Dad, can you guys please be a little nicer to
y/n? She hasn't done anything to you."

They both scoffed and shook their heads.

"No. We don't really like her Taylor. You already know that."

Your breath got caught in your throat as tears welled up in your eyes. Your heart dropped and you felt humiliated when a tear fell from your eye.

"y/n I think you should go," Andrea said making you look up from the ground in shock, your heart begins to race as fear washed through you.

"Mom, you're scaring her." Taylor murmured softly, her grip on your hands tightening a little as she sensed your fear.

"I don't care. I don't like her. I would like for her to leave."

You looked at Austin who was just as shocked as you and Taylor.

"I said go!" Andrea yelled making you jump.

You tried to remove Taylor's hands from yours but she stayed still, her grip on you tight to keep you close to her.

"She goes, I go." Taylor said making Austin take a breath as he spoke up too.

"Yeah me too."

Scott scoffed, staring at you with a look of anger like you'd never seen before.

"Great, now look what you've done. You've turned Taylor against us and now Austin too!"

"Dad-"

"no. y/n, I don't like you! You seem bratty and spoiled and I don't think you're a good influence. Now leave."

You sobbed and stood up, Taylor and Austin both following suit.

"That was so uncalled for! She's never done anything to either of you. She's only made me a better person. She's amazing and I'm in love with her. I'm really ashamed of you guys right now. I'll talk to you again whenever you apologize to y/n."

Taylor grabbed your hand and her purse before storming out of the house and into the car.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled through your tears.

Taylor looked at you in shock, confused as to why you were apologizing. "Don't apologize baby. It's not your fault." She kissed your chin before buckling her seatbelt.

"But-"

"no buts. This wasn't your fault y/n and don't ever think differently. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm better because of you. I love you and I don't care if my parents like you or not, it's not gonna ever change how I feel about you."

You sniffled and nodded your head, reaching for Taylor's hand and holding it in yours as she started to drive.

"I love you too. Thank you for defending me."

Taylor giggled and shook her head. "You don't need to thank me for defending you and telling the truth. Things will work out one way or another."

You sighed sadly, feeling a little guilty for what had happened but you knew deep down that you shouldn't.

Taylor was right. It wasn't your fault. You hadn't done anything but be kind to them and if they didn't like you, you'd get over it.

You always had Taylor and that was the only thing that mattered.