She surprises you on your birthday

The tears wouldn't stop falling no matter how much you tried to stop them. Your birthday was tomorrow and Taylor was on tour but she promised she'd be back for your birthday.

But she just called you and told you there was no way she could get back. Things were booked that were out of her control and as horrible as she felt about it, she couldn't get out of them.

You told her that you understood and that you loved her, attempting to hold in your tears until you hung up. You had no plans with your friends tomorrow because Taylor was supposed to come home and spend the day with you which made this all the more devastating.

You were gonna be spending your birthday alone. You cried yourself to sleep even though it was only a little past 8:30 pm.

When you woke up to birthday messages and tweets they still didn't make you feel much better. You typed out a few replies before you got up to brush your teeth. You only smiled when You saw a tweet from Taylor.

Happy birthday to the love of my life. I love you so much y/n. Wish I could hug and kiss you and tell you that I love you in person. I hope you have a good day baby doll.

You smiled for a few seconds till your eyes stung with tears, the reality that you'd be spending your birthday alone dawning on you.

You finished brushing your teeth before cuddling up to the cats and laying back under the covers. This was not the birthday you dreamed of.

Somehow you got the strength to move downstairs and order yourself some takeout. You had just finished eating it when there was a knock at the door.

You got off the couch and walked to the door. You expected it to be one of your friends but you were wrong.

It was Taylor.

You thought you were dreaming but when you reached out to touch her arm you knew it was real.

"Hey beautiful. Happy birthday!"

You gasped and stood still for a minute before leaping into her arms as she twirled you around.

"Happy birthday, angel." She rested her hands on your thighs as she kissed you softly.

It all felt so surreal. All the anger that you felt earlier disappeared, all you cared about was that she was there now.

"What are you doing here Tay? I thought that you had a few obligations that you couldn't get out of?"

She laughed and kissed your forehead. " That was all a part of my plan to surprise you. Surprise! Come on, you know I'd never miss your birthday for anything in the world. I love you too much to ever do that."

You wrapped your arms around her neck and hugged her, a couple tears leaking from your eyes that Taylor was quick to notice.

"Hey, don't cry baby doll. I'm here now." You giggled and rested your head on her shoulder for a few seconds before you put your feet back on the ground.

"Oh, wait here!" She said before running out of the house, reappearing a few seconds later with a bag in her hands.

She grabbed your hand and led you to the kitchen table where she made you sit in the chair. She pulled a candle out and then pulled out a slice of cake from your favorite bakery.

"Tay, " you whispered, staring at her with nothing but love.

She smiled at you and kissed your cheek. She grabbed a lighter out of a drawer and lit the cupcake, going to stand behind you as she wrapped her arms around your waist.

"Make a wish."

You thought about it for a few seconds before leaning your head back and looking at her.

"I've got everything I could ever want or need right here with me."

You blew out the candle and grabbed Taylor's hand to have her sit down on the chair next to you where you shared your cake with her. This turned out to be your best birthday yet.