You're sick and you pick her up from the airport

You groaned as another cough left your lips, one that made your chest ache, and took a minute to catch your breath again.

You felt miserable and insecure, aware that people around you were whispering about you and taking photos and videos of you.

It came along with dating Taylor and normally it didn't bother you much, but you had a pretty nasty cold at the moment and it made you feel insecure about yourself knowing that people were taking photos of you while you were feeling so sick.

Of course though, you came to pick up Taylor. She's been gone on a promo tour for three months now and though you felt like you were at death's door, you still wanted to pick her up because that was even sooner that you got to see her again.

You tried to fight the sleep that was taking over but you were feeling so gross that you couldn't, eventually dozing off whilst curled up on the bench at the airport.

You felt someone shaking your shoulder making your eyes flutter open. When you opened them you immediately came face to face with Taylor for the first time in three months.

Despite how horrible you felt you still threw your arms around her, smiling when you heard her giggling as she twirled you around in her arms.

"I'm so happy you're back! I missed you, Tay!"

Your legs were wrapped around her waist and her arms were wrapped around your back to hold you securely.

She was about to tell you that she missed you more when she stopped to stare at you for a second, noticing just how pale and ill you looked.

She placed the back of her hand on your forehead and sighed when she felt the heat radiating onto her hand.

"Baby you're burning up. Do you not feel good?"

"Not really."

Taylor sighed again before walking over to baggage claim to grab her suitcase, pulling it behind her with one hand while the other remained on your back.

"Why didn't you tell me you didn't feel well? I would've taken an Uber home or something."

"I missed you, Tay."

She pressed a kiss to your warm cheek and grabbed your hand, placing a few kisses on your knuckles. "I missed you too, beautiful."

She loaded her suitcase into the car before getting in the driver's seat, knowing you were in no shape to be driving home.

You ended up falling asleep on the way and woke up to Taylor picking you up and carrying you inside where she laid you down in bed.

"Hey baby. How you feeling?"

She combed your hair back from your forehead and ran her fingers across your cheek.

"Not good. I'm sorry, I know this isn't perfect timing. You've been so busy for the past three months and you must be so tired."

She playfully rolled her eyes at you. "Don't be silly. I'm just happy to be home with you. You know I'll always take care of you. Now you stop worrying and get some rest. I love you so much."

She kissed your cheek and laid down next to you, tucking you in under the blankets as you slowly drifted back to sleep.

"I love you too, Taylor. I'm so happy you're home."

It wasn't a great way to be reunited with Taylor but you knew she'd take good care of you till you felt better and you were grateful for that.