Late night phone calls when she's on tour

It was two in the morning when you woke up to the sound of your ringtone. You grabbed it from the table by your bed and saw it was Taylor.

"Hello?" Your voice was coated with sleep which made Taylor giggle from the other end.

"Hey, darling. Did I wake you?"

You rubbed your eyes and yawned. "No. I've been awake for hours. What's up, baby?"

You heard her sigh before she took a deep breath.

"Nothing. Just missing you. Figured I'd give you a call. How have you been, darling?"

You turned on the lamp, figuring if you didn't you might fall back asleep. "I've been doing good. I miss you too! How's the tour so far?"

The line went quiet for a few seconds and you pulled the phone from your ear to check if she was still there.

"Tay? Hello? Babe you still there?"

It was still quiet until you heard her sniffle.

"Taylor? You okay?"

She sniffled again and whimpered put a 'no'.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I miss you. I really miss you y/n. I hate being so far away from you and for so long. I know it's only a couple of months till I come home but it feels like forever."

You nodded your head even though she couldn't see you. You understood how she felt. You felt the same way. You missed everything about her and wished she could be home with you right now.

"I miss you too, Taylor. But you're out there living your dream right now and I'm proud of you. You know if I could I'd be there with you right now."

She sniffled and giggled. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. Don't be sorry for missing me. I miss you too."

You continued to talk for a little while until the clock hit 3:30 and you remembered that you had work in the morning.

"Babe, I gotta go. It's almost four am and I gotta get up for work in a couple of hours."

You expected her to go silent again but she was understanding, as always.

"Okay. I love you, y/n. I'll text you in the morning."

You smiled and turned off the lamp, moving over to her side of the bed and burying your face in her pillows. "I love you too Taylor. Talk to you soon."

You ended the call and closed your eyes, feeling like you might sleep a little better now that you were enveloped in her scent.