She forgets your birthday

It was finally your birthday and you were feeling so excited about it! Last year Taylor had gone above and beyond for it so you were excited to see what she had planned for this year.

You didn't need or want anything fancy, honestly. You'd be okay with lounging around in your sweats and eating takeout from your favorite restaurant while you were snuggled up under the blankets with Taylor as you watched your favorite movie.

You didn't need much and you certainly didn't expect it. Just as long as you had Taylor you'd be happy.

Except something was off.

When you woke up that morning she wasn't in bed with you. The spot where she normally laid was cold and empty, the sheets wrinkly and the comforter pushed back like she'd kicked it off.

You didn't think much of it though. You thought maybe she was downstairs making breakfast, maybe even waiting for you.

So you got out of bed and went downstairs, expecting to find your smiley girlfriend there waiting for you but you only found a note on the fridge instead.

Good morning beautiful. Got inspired this morning and went to the studio for a quick session. I'll be back in a few hours. I love you!

There was no way.

Had she forgotten your birthday?

You felt like you could cry. No one around you have ever forgotten your birthday and you never imagined Taylor would, of all people.

You held out hope though. You told yourself that once she came back from the studio in just a couple of hours she'd be wishing you a happy birthday as she picked you up in her arms and gave you the biggest hug ever.

So you made yourself some breakfast and got comfy on the couch, turning on some tv and occupying yourself for just a couple of hours.

But it wasn't just a couple of hours.

It was ten in the morning when you found the note, figuring she'd be back by noon at the latest.

But she wasn't.

Noon quickly turned to one, one to four, four to six, and six to nine.

It was dark outside now. The sun was set and the day was almost over.

Your birthday was almost over.

You spent the majority of the day on the couch crying, hoping she'd come home.

But once it reached ten minutes to midnight you had lost what little of hope you had left. It was official. Taylor had forgotten your birthday.

~~~~

It was about twenty minutes later when you heard the front door close. You had gone back upstairs and curled up in bed deciding to just go to sleep for the night.

The bedroom light was off so it was dark, something Taylor hadn't quite expected.

"Y/n?" She whispered in the darkness, but you stayed silent.

She shrugged off her clothes and changed into her pajamas before crawling in bed next to you. Her hand landed on your side but you pushed it off of you which took Taylor by surprise.

"Everything okay, darling?"

You scoffed and pulled the blanket up to your chin. Taylor tried placing her hand on your hip only for you to push her away again.

"What the hell is going on with you, y/n?"

This angered you and you sat up in bed. You turned on your lamp and took one look at her before bursting in to tears.

"Y/n?"

She put her hand on your thigh to comfort you but once again, you pushed her away.

"Don't!"

She gasped and looked at you with wide eyes.

"What's going on? What did I do?"

You scoffed again, folding your arms and rolling your eyes at her.

"You're serious right now, Taylor? What did you do? Do you know what today, or should I say yesterday, was?"

She paused for a few seconds before shaking her head at you.

"It's my birthday!"

Everything was silent after that. Taylor didn't say anything and you were only getting more and more frustrated.

Deciding that you wanted to be alone for the night you grabbed your pillow and blanket before standing up.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"I'm going to sleep in the guest room." You grumbled, stomping to the door when a hand suddenly wrapped around your wrist.

"Taylor-"

"I'm sorry. Oh my god I'm so sorry. I can't believe I- Shit y/n, you gotta believe me when I tell you that I didn't do it on purpose. I know that doesn't make it any better but I'm sorry."

You kept your gaze down at the socks on your feet.

"I love you so much. More than I ever dreamed I could ever love another person. I know I messed up. I'm so sorry."

You looked at her with a tear falling down your face which made Taylor's heart shatter.

"How could you forget? I never thought that you'd forget my birthday."

She shook her head and wiped away the tears that were now falling down her cheeks.

"I don't know. I've been so caught up in everything lately. I'm so sorry baby. Give me a chance to make it up to you, please. We'll go out tomorrow! I'll make it a day all about you. We'll go out and do whatever you want. I'll take you to a fancy restaurant and we can go shopping. We could go out for ice cream and for a walk on the beach. Just please let me make it up to you, I promise you I will."

She stroked your cheek softly and you smiled through your tears.

You walked forward a few feet till you stood in front of her and dropped your blanket and pillow on the floor before wrapping your arms around her.

"I forgive you."

She sighed in relief and wrapped her arms around your back.

"If you promise me something." You pulled away and for a split second Taylor panicked. "I don't need that fancy stuff. I just want you. I wanna lay in bed all day long and watch movies while we snuggle together and eat whatever I want for dinner."

Taylor giggled and wrapped her arms around you again, walking backward till your back hit the mattress and she landed on top of you.

"Anything you want baby, anything at all."

She crawled up the bed with you and pulled you against her chest, her fingers delicately tracing your skin.

"I love you, baby. Happy birthday."

You smiled and told her you loved her too.

Even though it technically wasn't your birthday anymore, you knew there was no point in arguing with Taylor.

She'll be telling you happy birthday all day long tomorrow and you couldn't wait.

You already knew it would be much better than today anyways.