Sore throats

What started off last night as an uncomfortable scratch in your throat has now turned in to feeling like you were swallowing glass and nothing was seeming to help.

Taylor has tried to help you in any way she could; making you tea, getting you cough drops to suck on, giving you some medicine, but nothing was making it better.

She felt helpless. She wanted to make you feel better but she didn't really know how.

You were wrapped up in her arms as you shivered, Taylor wrapping a blanket around to warm you up. You felt groggy, the medicine that wasn't really helping you was making you sleepy, and you just felt awful.

"Baby is there anything I can do?"

You shook your head, burying your face in the crook of her neck.

"Just keep holding me." You whispered, your throat too sore to speak.

She simply nodded and kissed your forehead, holding you tightly in her arms and wishing there was something she could do to help you.

Hours passed by and your throat wasn't feeling any better. You had somehow fallen asleep, Taylor making sure to keep you safe and warm in her arms.

She grabbed her phone, searching up how you could soothe a sore throat, mentally face palming herself when she saw an obvious remedy; soup.

She managed to get up without waking you up, laying your head down a pillow so you wouldn't notice she was gone. She crept down to the kitchen quietly and searched through the cupboards in search of some soup and sighed in relief when she found one. She poured it into a pot on the stove to make sure it was nice and warm before putting it in a bowl and carrying it upstairs to you.

She felt bad for waking you up after you had fought for so long to get comfortable enough to sleep, but she wanted to help you and she knew she could do that by you drinking the broth in the soup.

"y/n? Honey?" She stroked your hair with her free hand, your eyes fluttering open to meet her blue ones. "Hey, I made you some soup baby. The broth will help your throat."

You sat up slowly. She fed it to you and made sure ate as much as you could before making you drink the broth, the warmth hitting your throat and it made you sigh in relief.

"Better baby?"

You nodded your head, your throat already feeling a bit better. Taylor set the bowl down on the nightstand before laying back down next to you.

She let you rest your head on her stomach, her fingers running through your hair making you feel content.