You get in an accident

You were just driving home after a day of doing errands. Taylor has a few days off starting tomorrow and you wanted to get everything that you needed to get done out of the way now so you could spend time solely with her.

You turned the radio dial just a little louder but not enough to where it would be distracting but as soon as you did so, you felt something hit the back of your car.

You looked in the rearview mirror and saw that it was another car but before you could say anything, the car hit yours again. This time much harder than the last, so much so that you began to swerve before your car flipped over a couple times, then everything went black.

You could hear the faint sounds of something beeping and what sounded like sniffles coming from the right side of you.

You felt a hand holding onto yours tightly, squeezing it here and there as a voice whispered out words of comfort through their sobs. You opened your eyes slowly and shifted your body, groaning when a pain shot through your side.

"y/n!"

You opened your eyes right away. You'd recognize that voice anywhere. It was Taylor.

"Tay?"

You looked at her and saw that tears were falling from her eyes. She nodded her head and moved her chair closer to you. That's when you began to realize where you were, the hospital.

You sat up quickly and began to panic only for Taylor to gently push your body back on the hospital bed.

"Shhh y/n, you need to stay still, darling."

She sat back down on the chair and grabbed your hand in both of hers, squeezing it as she mumbled things about how grateful she was that you were okay.

"I'm so happy you're okay! I was so worried about you." She tucked your hair behind your ear and kissed your cheek, stroking it with her hand afterwards.

You winced when her fingers brushed over a couple spots, cuts on your face that had yet to heal.

"What happened? Why am I in the hospital?"

Taylor stared at you for a few seconds before speaking up again.

"You were in an accident, babe. A pretty nasty one."

You gasped and looked down at your body, the hospital gown stopping at your thighs. You saw a few of the cuts and bruises on your legs, a couple that clearly had been stitched up and a couple that were just nasty.

"Why? How? I'm always careful."

Taylor simply shook her head at you and smiled at you, her thumbs brushing over the freckles on your cheeks. "Just because you're careful doesn't mean everyone else is, baby. The guy was on his phone."

"I-Is he okay?"

Taylor couldn't stop herself from smiling; even though you were in the hospital after such a bad accident, you were still as selfless as always. Always worried about others and making sure they were okay.

Taylor nodded her head before she looked down at your thighs, her fingers grazing over the cuts on them. She stopped when you winced. She didn't want you to be in any more pain than you already were.

"I love you so much. I'm so glad you're alright. You scared me."

You giggled and grabbed her hands in yours, ignoring the pain that shot right through your left hand and wrist.

"I'm okay, Tay. I love you more."

You patted the space next to you on the tiny hospital bed and though it was barely enough space for one, she smiled at you and climbed in next to you before she carefully moved you closer to her.

Her hands rested on your back and she rested her forehead on yours, admiring everything about you. Even though you had a few cuts and scratches on your face and body, you were just as beautiful as you'd always been to her.

"Not possible, babydoll. I love you most of all."

She pecked your nose and smiled to herself when you shifted around to rest your head on her chest.

She was so damn grateful that you were okay and she swore to herself that she'd never take that, or you, for granted. Ever.