You belong with me (requested)

A/N: this was requested a while ago and it's taken me so long to do it, I'm sorry. I hope it turned out as the person that requested this wanted it to.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

You've known Taylor for a couple years now and you couldn't deny the fact that you have feelings for her.

Sadly, you felt like you could never tell her how you feel. She already has a girlfriend, the girl who practically hates your guts and brags about the fact that she's dating Taylor and you're not.

She knew how you felt. A lot of people do - except Taylor.

It was noticeable. The way you look at her and how you talk about her. How if she ever needs anything, anything at all no matter what time it is or what you're doing, you'd be there for her in a heartbeat.

You heard a knock at your door and saw Taylor in tears. You were about to ask her what was wrong when she walked to you and rested her forehead on your shoulder, crying softly onto your skin.

You rubbed her back and whispered softly in her ear, grabbing her hand and walking her over to the couch. You sat down next to her and placed your hand on her back, trying to get her to calm down.

"Taylor what happened?"

"Nothing just problems with my girlfriend is all."

Your heart dropped. As much as you liked her and absolutely despise her girlfriend, you didn't ever want her to be upset or in pain.

"What's going on? You can talk to me."

She sighed and sniffled, wiping her wet cheeks and looking at you. You both stared at each other for a few seconds before she cleared her throat and looked away.

"Nothing really. Sometimes she's just... such a drama queen."

You both laughed and you bit your lip, removing your hand from her back and resting it on your lap instead.

"Thank you for being here y/n. I really do appreciate it. I should head back now. She's supposed to be coming over soon, so."

You felt a sting of pain go through your chest, but you held back your tears and simply nodded your head. "Yeah of course. I'm always here for you."

You both stood up and she gave you a hug before walking out of your house and back to hers. You saw her girlfriend waiting for her, giving you a dirty look when she saw you before going off on Taylor. She deserves so much better. If only she could see that you've been there for her all along.

You didn't see or hear for Taylor for days.

You were looking through your cupboards trying to find something for dinner when there was a knock at your door, and there Taylor stood once again.

She walked through your front door and paced the floor nervously, biting at her nails and trying to avoid your confused gaze.

"You alright?"

"Yeah. I-I'm fine y/n. It's just that I broke up with her."

"What?"

She sat down on your couch and you sat down next to her, both of you sitting in silence, not really sure what to say next.

"Why did you break up with her?"

"She said some pretty horrible things about you."

"Oh... like what?"

She sighed sadly before shaking her head and grabbing your hand in hers.

"That doesn't matter. She was a bit of a bitch anyways. I'm better off without her."

You nodded your head and looked down at your hand that was still laced with hers. You looked back up at Taylor, her eyes meeting yours. You saw how they sparkled, her blue eyes looking even more beautiful than usual.

"Y/N, I-I, look the reason I broke up with her wasn't just because of her saying things about you. The truth is that we had a fight and on top of saying cruel things about you, she told me that you like me..?"

Your breath hitched in your throat, your heart racing and your palms sweating.

"Is it true? You can tell me."

You hesitated, your mind telling you that you shouldn't. You don't wanna ruin things between the two of you.

But your heart? It told you to tell her.

You were tired of keeping this secret from her and you wanted her to know how you truly felt about her.

"Yeah it's true." You whispered quietly.

You closed your eyes and held your breath, biting your tongue as you tried to calm your mind as it raced with thoughts of how she was gonna stand up and walk out, never wanting to speak with you again. But instead, you felt a hand caress your face softly, making you open your eyes.

Taylor was staring back at you and she was smiling widely, making you smile back at her.

"I'm so happy you said that. I like you too y/n. I like you a lot. In fact, if were being honest, I think I might be in love with you."

You were in disbelief as you stared into her eyes, your hand shaking in hers. She brought it up to her lips and kissed it softly before placing them back on her lap before she looked at you.

Your heart began to race as she leaned in, your eyes closing as her lips brushed yours. Just as you were about to open your eyes to see if she was pulling away, she pressed them onto yours fully making your knees tremble.

You smiled against her lips, your fingers going to tangle in her hair. A few seconds later she pulled away making you whimper, Taylor giggling softly at your reaction.

"I love you and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. You truly have been here with me every step of the way. You belong with me and I belong with you."

You smiled at her and pecked her cheek, giggling as she rubbed her nose against yours.

"It's okay. I love you too, Taylor. So much."