Coming out (requested)

You and Taylor have been dating for three months now unbeknownst to anyone else. Taylor

had never been in a relationship like this before and she wasn't sure how people would handle it. So when she asked if you two could keep things under wraps for a while you agreed with no hesitation, completely understanding how she was feeling as you'd once felt the same way, except in a different situation.

Even though you two were extremely private about your relationship, neither of you were ashamed of it whatsoever.

You had been in relationships in the past with people who just didn't understand you, didn't make you feel that special spark, or just, in general, didn't work out.

But Taylor was different in the best way possible. She wanted you to be comfortable always, both of you were on the same page in your relationship and neither of you were rushing anything. Both of you just felt happy to be together.

Things had changed one morning though, Taylor had asked you if you wanted to go out for breakfast and told you that if you were ready to be more public with her then she was ready too.

You debated it for a bit before agreeing. You weren't going to flaunt being together but maybe just be a little less secretive, both of you agreeing that if anyone started spreading it around that you guys wouldn't speak on it quite yet, only when you were both ready for that.

It had gone well, she had been recognized a lot and had fans come up to her but you two just kept things under wraps while showing a little PDA. You held each other's hands and she kissed you on the cheek a couple times.

Months passed by and you two have now been together for almost a year.

People had begun posting pictures and videos of you two online that paparazzi had managed to sneak every so often, but you two still hadn't confirmed being together.

Taylor had an interview today and she was thrilled, to say the least. She hadn't done one in a little while and she had just released a new single so she was excited to talk about it.

The interviewer was asking her questions about how she's been doing lately and things about the upcoming album when your name was suddenly dropped.

A photo of the two of you from earlier that day appeared on the screen, a photo of you two exchanging a sweet kiss.

"So, Taylor, can we talk about this? I don't wanna be intrusive but people are just curious if this is a legit photo."

She looked over at you, you were standing backstage watching the interview.

She mouthed 'are you okay with this?' And you took a deep breath and smiled before nodding your head, ready for the world to know that the two of you were together.

"I don't mind talking about it. That is y/n. She's my girlfriend and we've been together for almost a year."

The audience erupted in cheers and applause and Taylor smiled. She relaxed more, feeling like a huge weight was finally lifted off of her shoulders.

"That is amazing, really. Can I ask you a couple questions?"

"Of course."

"Okay so my first one is why have you been so private about it?"

"My life is very public. People always tend to form opinions about me and the people I date. They tend to think they know everything about everything and this isn't like my past relationships, it's obviously very different. I knew people would form opinions about it and it's not that I'm ashamed because I'm absolutely not, but rather that I want to protect her from all of that. Y/N is such a sweet girl and I'm so lucky to be able to love her everyday. I just didn't want her to be scrutinized just because of the obvious reasons."

The interview nodded her head in understanding with a huge smile on her face.

"That's sweet. How'd she feel about remaining so private? How does she handle all the fame and stuff?"

"She is amazing. She was so understanding about why I wanted to remain private until now and in fact she felt the same way. As for how she handles the fame and stuff, she doesn't see me as famous really. She just thinks I have a really awesome job with a big platform. She understands that some people are intrusive and some aren't very nice but she's a tough cookie. I don't think the negativity will bother her much."

The interviewer proceeded to ask questions but focused more on Taylor's career than anything else.

Once the interview had finished, Taylor took a big breath before joining you backstage. She greeted you with a kiss on the lips before resting her forehead on yours.

"Are you okay?"

"Tay, I'm great. I'm happy. How about you?"

"Yeah me too. I was a little scared at how people would react but it seems like everything is good so far."

"Yeah. Social media is going insane right now but in a great way. Your fans and the media are being so supportive and sweet."

"That's great. So now we don't have to hide anything."

"Yeah. So... you love me, huh?"

"What?"

"You said in the interview that you love me? You never told me that before."

Taylor paused and widened her eyes at the realization. Neither of you had said that three simple words to each other yet and she had just blurted it out on live television.

"And I ruined our special moment. I'm sorry y/n."

"Why? I love you too."

She smiled and looked into your eyes, she felt her heart skip a few beats and she couldn't tear her eyes away from you.

She kissed you and mumbled 'I love you so much' against your lips making you smile into the kiss before you repeated the same five simple yet beautiful words back to her, both of you happy that you could now be public with your relationship and no longer had to hide anything.