She wakes up and you're not there

She shot up in bed in a cold sweat as the nightmare replayed in her mind over and over again. She patted the spot where you normally laid, searching for you and needing to hold you after the nightmare she'd just experienced.

She panicked when you weren't there, flicking the light on only to find your side of the bed empty and cold.

She started to feel nervous, getting up on her shaky knees and looking for you in every room upstairs only to find every one of the dark and empty.

"Taylor?"

She turned around and let out a sigh of relief when she saw you.

She ran over to you and wrapped her arms around you, a couple tears hit your skin and it was then when you realized how upset she was.

"Tay? Babe, what happened?"

She looked up at you with her big blue eyes,l, simply shaking her head and resting it on your shoulder as she took some deep breaths to control her breathing.

"Come on, baby, let's get you back to bed."

She sniffled but nodded her head, keeping her arms wrapped around you tightly, refusing to let go of you.

Once you reached the bed you helped her lay down before crawling in next to her. She rolled over onto her side to face you, resting her head on your stomach and sighing when you ran her fingers through her hair.

"Did you have a bad dream?"

She nodded her head, her waterline beginning to blur with tears again but you were quick to wipe them away and soothe her, reminding her that you were there with her and whatever had scared her so much wasn't real.

"You don't have to talk about it right now if you don't want to. Just know that I'm right here and if you decide you do wanna talk about it, I'm here to listen."

She nodded her head again and looked up at you, giving you a small smile before lowering her head back down and kissing your stomach softly.

"I know. I love you so much y/n."

You leaned down to kiss her head, smiling to yourself when you saw her eyes slip shut.

"I love you too baby girl. Go back to sleep, I'll be here with you the whole time."

A few minutes later you heard her soft snores, looking down at the precious woman in front of you.

She was the greatest thing to ever happen to you and you swore you'd always keep her safe.