You're scared of losing her

Your eyes filled with tears as you read the tweets over and over again.

You know you shouldn't but you couldn't help yourself. Each one was worse than the last and you were beginning to think they were true.

From people pointing out your insecurities like acne and your weight to the people telling you it was only a matter of time until Taylor found better, you couldn't help but believe them.

You threw your phone down and sobbed.

Is this what people think of you?

Were they right?

Was it just a matter of time?

It was such a hard pill to swallow at first but now you were beginning to believe them.

You originally came downstairs to sit and wait for Taylor to get home from the studio so you could spend the evening watching your favorite shows, but now since you were crying and trembling so much you forgot you weren't in your bedroom.

You didn't hear Taylor come inside. Originally, she was smiling when she saw you. But when she heard you crying she rushed over to you, thinking you'd gotten hurt or something terrible had happened.

You felt her pick you up in her arms and pull onto her lap, her arms wrapping around you to hold you close to her as she whispered in your ear.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

She looked at you only to find you in tears making her heart break. She continued to hold you close to her as she waited for you to open up to her, not hurrying you into speaking.

She waited until you were calm enough to do so, doing the best she could to call you every pet name she could think of while she lightly scratched your back, trying to remind you that she was there to listen whenever you were ready to speak.

Eventually you were able to calm down, your breathing shaky and uneven, but you felt calmer though you were still torn up inside.

You rested your head on Taylor's shoulder, your breath fanning over her skin making chills run down her spine.

"Whenever you're ready to talk to me baby, I'm here."

She kissed your head and you took a deep breath, listening to the steady beat of her heart.

"I'm scared..."

"Scared? Scared of what, honey?"

The words felt like they were stuck in your throat and you were honestly terrified to say them, but somehow you did.

"I'm scared that you're gonna leave. That I'll lose you one day. Scared that you'll find better and that you'll leave."

Taylor grabbed your chin in her hand making you look at her with wide eyes.

"No baby. That could never and will never happen. You don't even realize how much I love you. Y/n, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I will never find better than you because there is no one better than you. I love you more than anything else in the world, I'm never leaving you, ever."

She kissed your forehead and you exhaled a shaky breath but nodded your head regardless.

"Don't ever listen to what people say about you, about us. They don't know you like I do, if they did then they wouldn't say these things about you. Please cheer up baby, I'm not gonna go anywhere. Not now, not ever. I love you way too much for that and we've got way too many great things ahead of us in the future, I'm never gonna risk losing that."

You smiled and she mirrored it back to you, giving you a loving kiss on your lips.

"I love you too, Tay. Thank you for always making me feel better."

She chuckled and kissed your temple, rubbing your cheeks with her thumbs.

"Anytime, my love."