Fear of heights (requested)

It sounded like a good idea at first; going on a hike to watch the sunset with Taylor, but you were really regretting it now. You were so high up off the ground and it was making you feel so anxious.

Taylor looked down at the view and captured a couple of photos on her phone while you stood back, scared of going too far near the edge and looking down.

You've been terrified of heights since you were a little girl, almost everyone around you knew that except Taylor. You've only been together for a few months and the topic of the conversation hasn't really ever come up before.

She turned around to look at you and saw how pale you had gone, fear in your eyes as your hands began to tremble.

"y/n?"

She walked over to you slowly and you just stared blankly ahead as anxiety washed over you.

"I-I have a really big fear of heights." You stuttered out, closing your eyes and trying to get some air into your lungs.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She placed her hands on your back and held you close to her. You shrugged your shoulders and rested your head on her shoulder, taking some deep breaths to try to relax.

"y/n, listen to me. If you wanna go we can. We don't have to stay here. We can go somewhere else and watch the sunset. But if you wanna stay here, that's okay too. I'll be here with you the whole time and I'll hold you close to me. I won't let anything happen to you. The choice is all yours, darling."

You looked at her before looking around you, taking a deep breath before looking down at the ground.

"I wanna stay, I do. I'm just afraid."

Taylor rested her hands on your cheek and furrowed her eyebrows, stroking your cheeks with her thumb before kissing your temple.

"You've got nothing to be afraid of. I know we're high up but I promise you that I won't let anything happen to you. I'll always do whatever it takes to keep you safe and it's no different in this situation. I promise you that you're safe, you'll always be safe with me."

Taylor grabbed one of your hands in hers and kissed your cheek, wanting to do whatever she could to keep you calm.

"I know. I know I'm safe with you, you always make me feel safe."

She giggled when you leaned forward and kissed her nose.

"Okay tell you what. Why don't we stay here for a few minutes? If you feel anxious or want to leave, we'll go right away. If you decide you wanna stay the whole time, we can do that. Let's just see what happens."

You sighed but nodded your head, trusting Taylor with your whole heart.

She grabbed your hand and took a few steps forward, not going too far too fast. You gasped when you walked a little further, part of you feeling terrified but the other part of you admiring just how beautiful the view was.

Taylor giggled at you adorably, sitting down on the ground and unpacking the little bag she'd brought with her.

You sat down next to her, very slowly. She handed you a snack and you thanked her. You pulled your phone out of your pocket and took a few photos as the sun began to set, the view of it unlike anything you ever saw before.

"It's gorgeous." You whispered.

Taylor tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and kissed your cheek. "Not nearly as gorgeous as you, though."

You laughed at how cheesy she was being, kissing her arm before resting your head on her shoulder as you watched the sunset.

You were still a little afraid but you felt okay because Taylor was there with you and you knew she'd always protect you and keep you safe.