"Beautiful, to say the least"

It's been a few weeks since Taylor moved into her new apartment and she's seen you around more than once already.

She didn't exactly have the nerve to talk to you, but she knew you had a beautiful voice. How? Because she can hear you singing through the wall every night.

You have a habit of doing it around ten every night but she didn't tell you to stop. It didn't annoy her or bother her, she enjoyed listening to you. You've got a beautiful voice and she wouldn't hesitate to drop everything and listen to you sing every night, as weird as that could sound to some people.

She looked at her clock as she wrote down some lyrics in her notebook, smiling when she realized it was just a couple of minutes till ten.

She heard your voice already, a couple of minutes earlier than normal but she didn't mind. Your voice was mesmerizing and she couldn't help but lean her head against the wall and close her eyes as she listened to you.

But she froze when she heard what you were singing. It was her song.

Delicate.

She could hear you singing it word for word and it made her heart race. She gasped before placing her notebook on the bed, now on her feet, and running next door to your apartment.

She wasn't sure what she was doing, it was as if her feet were moving all on their own. Before she could stop herself she knocked on your apartment door and she heard you stop singing.

You opened the door to come face to face with Taylor, your eyes as wide as saucers and your breath leaving your lungs.

"Hi! S-So uh I heard you singing my song."

You felt your cheek turn bright red as you bit your lip.

"You heard that? I'm sorry if I bothered you-"

"Are you kidding me? You didn't bother me. You've got a great voice! A beautiful one, to say the least."

You giggled and looked down at your bare feet before you looked back up at her.

"Thanks. Do you wanna come in?"

Taylor nodded happily and thanked you as you let her in, her eyes scanning your apartment while her heart leaped in her chest.

"I like your place." She mumbled out, you thanked her before sitting down on your couch and Taylor did the same.

"So are you a musician?" She asked you, her eyes locking with yours and she hoped you wouldn't look away.

"Not really. I mean, I wanna be. I just haven't had any luck getting a deal or anything yet."

"You will. Trust me, you've got a really pretty voice."

You blushed again and thanked her under your breath.

"I've heard you sing before. I hear you sing every night."

Your heart pounded against your rib cage and you looked away from her, feeling humiliated.

Taylor put her hand on your shoulder and laughed at how shy yet completely adorable you were being.

"Hey, it's all good. I look forward to it. Like I said, your voice is beautiful. You're gonna get that record deal, trust me."

"Thanks, Taylor."

She smiled at you before moving her hand back on her lap, part of her wishing she could reach for yours.

"So what's your name?"

"y/n." You played with your fingers nervously.

"That's a pretty name."

You giggled and Taylor found herself doing the same. "Thanks."

She nodded her head and looked at your clock on the wall, sighing sadly when she realized the time. She had to get back to writing.

"Hey listen I gotta go but I'd like to get to know you better. Do you maybe wanna get some lunch or something tomorrow?"

You had to bite your cheek to keep yourself calm, feeling like you were in some kind of dream state.

"Yeah. I'd like that a lot."

"Cool. I'll see you tomorrow."

You walked her to the door, closing it as you exchanged your goodbyes for the night.

Taylor felt so excited that she'd finally gotten the nerve to talk to you.

When she walked back into her bedroom, she heard you singing again, this time to ours and it made her smile uncontrollably.

She was so excited to see you tomorrow and she found herself singing along to the song quietly, not too loud so she could still hear you.

She felt like this was the beginning of something beautiful.