ptsd (requested)

A few weeks ago you got in to a pretty nasty accident, the memory of it took a really difficult toll on you leaving you with anxiety, nightmares, and sleepless nights.

It was just another night where you laid wide awake, unable to sleep with the anxiety coursing through you making your mind and heart race. Taylor was next to you not quite in a deep sleep yet but slowly getting there.

She knows how hard this has been on you and has tried to be as supportive as possible. She was always there to listen when you felt too anxious and she ahsn't pressured you into going anywhere, the accident scaring you so much that you feared leaving the house.

She was snapped out of her daze when she heard you sniffling, turning over to find you sitting up in bed. She sat up and turned the lamp on, moving closer to you and placing a hand on your shoulder only for you to push her away.

"y/n? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Taylor, I'm fine." You snapped at her, the tone of your voice noticeably laced with annoyance.

She brushed off your words and just stared at you. She knew you didn't mean to snap at her. It wasn't your fault, irritability was another symptom of ptsd and she would never hold that against you.

She sat in silence for a few more minutes before pulling you close to her, letting you bury your face in her shirt as tears fell from your eyes. She could tell you were anxious again and she just wanted to take it all away from you.

"It's okay, honey." You could feel the onset of an anxiety attack building making you feel like your lungs were closing and your heart was racing so quickly you feared it would never slow down.

She could hear you gasping for air and trying to catch your breath as you squirmed around, your mind kicking into fight or flight mode.

"y/n, you're alright. Take some deep breaths."

You felt like you couldn't get air in your lungs but once you took one deep breath and felt like they were opening back up again you began to calm down. Taylor kept comforting you the best she could, holding you close and whispering softly in your ear.

It took a while before you were able to calm down but once you did you looked up at Taylor, her eyes filled with tears because it pained her to see you like that.

"Tay?"

She brushed your hair back and kissed your cheek.

"I'm sorry. I just hate what this has done to you. I don't blame you or anything like that baby, I just hate seeing you so upset. I just love you so much."

You sat in silence again and wiped her tears away. You hated feeling this way. You'd been completely closed off to the idea of therapy, not sure how to express to someone else about how you were feeling.

But as you sat there in tears recovering from an anxiety attack while listening to your girlfriend tell you how much it pained her to see you in so much pain made you want to do it.

"Tay?" She looked at you when she heard your voice, her attention completely on you.

"Ye,s honey?"

You took a deep breath and never broke eye contact with her. "Maybe I'll start some therapy? I wanna get through this, I just don't wanna do it alone."

She smiled at you and nodded her head, running her fingers through your hair. "You won't ever be alone. I'll be here to help you. I'll always be here."

Though you know ptsd would last for a long time, something to help you cope with it felt like it was what you needed most right now and knowing that Taylor would be there with you the entire time felt like the fog that you've been trapped in for a while had finally lifted.