She sees your scars

You giggled as Taylor's fingers traced your sides. It was your first lazy day together in a few weeks and you were more than excited to be able to spend the day with Taylor. Your phone were on the nightstand, the tv quietly playing in the background as you laid quietly with your head on her shoulder.

She grabbed your hand and started fidgeting with your fingers, letting hers brush over the white polish on your nails.

She studied all the freckles on your fingers before letting her fingers travel down to your wrist, jumping when you tugged away from her.

"y/n? what's wrong?"

You cleared your throat and looked down at your pajamas, tugging on them with your fingers to distract yourself.

You felt Taylor's hand on your back, rubbing it softly in circles making you curl your lips and hold back your tears.

"There's some things that I haven't told you yet." You looked up at her, a tear running down your cheek which Taylor quickly wiped away.

"Okay. Well, you can tell me now. I'm not gonna judge you y/n, you know that."

You nodded your head and took a deep breath, trying to prepare yourself to open up about things you've never really told anyone before.

"When I was younger I was bullied a lot and I didn't handle it well. The reason I don't want you to look at my wrist or to touch it is because... there's scars there. I hate them and I feel ashamed of them."

Another tear slid down your cheek. You looked down at the sheets on Taylor's bed, looking at the details of them more than you ever had before because you were scared to look up at her.

You felt her hand caress your cheek softly making your eyes dart up to lock with hers. She leaned over and kissed your cheek before she grabbed your wrist, pulling the sleeve up and looking at the scars for the first time.

She sat there in silence for a few seconds making you feel worried about what she was gonna do or say next. Your mind began to race.

This was the first time you've ever shown anyone your scars or showed them to someone, mostly because you were always afraid of what they'd do or say.

Taylor looked up at you before looking back at your wrist, running her fingers over them softly.

"You should never feel ashamed of these y/n. I can't imagine how hard that was on you but I think you're really really brave. These scars don't mean you're weak, I think they mean you're strong. Look how much you went through and yet, you're still here. You're a warrior, honey. A fighter. Don't you ever be ashamed of these."

You had tears in your eyes when she finished. No one has ever said anything so wonderful to you in your life and you weren't exactly sure why you were so afraid to tell her in the first place.

You hugged her and wrapped your arms around her back, thanking her for saying that and for loving you through thick and thin.

"Thank you, Tay. Thank you for saying that, for being here for me, and for always loving me no matter what."

She giggled and tucked your hair behind your ear. "Of course. There's nothing you could ever do that would make me love you any less."