She needs you

She wasn't sure what changed.

One minute she was listening to the song she'd just finished recording and the next she was having a panic attack.

Her producer was right next to her when she started to panic. He wasn't sure what to do so he asked her what she needed and when she responded with just your name he instantly dialed your number, nearly having a panic attack himself.

He was thrilled when you answered even though he didn't let you speak; everything that left his lips was so rushed and he was mumbling on and on about how Taylor was having a panic attack and needed you.

"Let me talk to her" was how you responded and he furrowed his eyebrows, unsure of why you wanted to talk to her when you could just drive down to be here, but he listened to you and handed the phone over to Taylor.

"Hello?"

Taylor's voice was weak and noticeably filled with tears as she gasped for air.

"Taylor? Are you okay?"

"No. Y/n I need you. Please come here, I-I don't know what else to do. Please?"

You grabbed your keys and kept the phone pressed to your ear as you tried to coax her through the panic attack that made her feel as if she was suffocating.

"I'm on my way baby, I'll be there in ten minutes. Just keep breathing."

She shook her head even though you couldn't see her. It was as if she couldn't talk.

"I-I can't."

She was in tears now. She felt like she was dying and all she wanted, no needed, was you and only you.

"You can, Tay. You're so brave baby. You've got this."

She kept gasping for air until you got there. You rushed inside the building, security already knowing who you are let you inside and back to the room where Taylor was.

You saw her on the floor as she tugged on her hair and tried to steady her breathing, but to no avail.

"Oh, Taylor." You mumbled before running over to her and sitting down on the floor in front of her.

"Y/n?"

She looked at you and you caressed her cheek softly, her breathing evening out a little bit the panic attack still had control over her body.

"Yeah, it's me, my love. Just breathe, okay? You can do this Tay"

She shook her head and sobbed, reaching up to tug at her hair again only for you to grab her hands in yours and squeeze them lightly.

"Tay, listen to me. Just focus on me. Focus on the sound of my voice. You're so brave and so strong, you know that? You're pushing through this so well."

She closed her eyes and squeezed your hand as she felt like her lungs had opened up for the first time since the panic attack began and she could finally get air in them.

She was sweating and her hands were shaking a little but you still kept them in yours and you let her squeeze your hands as tight as she needed to.

She's always been by your side and helped you through hundreds of panic attacks since you started dating, so you were certainly going to do the same for her. She opened her eyes when she started to breathe normally again.

"Hey, pretty girl. You doing okay?"

She took a few deep breaths and nodded her head.

"Yeah, thanks to you. Thank you for coming to help me through that."

You kissed her hand before placing kisses across her face. "Always, baby. I'll always be here to help you through these. Now let's get you some water. Maybe some lunch? Do you wanna go home or keep recording a bit more?"

You helped her stand up on her shaky knees and you wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her steady.

"Lunch sounds delicious and I'd like to go home. I just wanna cuddle with you for the rest of the day."

You looked at her producer who nodded his head and you grabbed Taylor's hand, leading her to the car where she climbed in and kept a grip on your free hand back home.

She felt so much better knowing that you were always there for her.