Your parents don't like her

To say Taylor was nervous to meet your parents was an understatement.

In fact, she freaked out in the car on your way over to your parents house, but you assured her that they'd be accepting of your relationship with her and if they didn't then it was their loss.

When you arrived your parents looked less than thrilled, only making Taylor feel even more nervous. She sat at the table next to you, your dad across from her and your mom across from you.

The dinner was delicious but awkward, the only things that could be heard were the sounds of forks scraping against plates and your dad clearing his throat every now and then.

You took Taylor's shaky hand into yours, giving it a reassuring squeeze to let her know that it would all be okay; only, it wouldn't be.

After dinner your parents asked to speak to you in the kitchen, leaving Taylor sitting in the living room alone and more anxious than she's ever felt her in her life.

"Mom? Dad? Is everything okay?"

"No baby, it's not. You see we... we don't like Taylor." Your heart sank and your eyebrows furrowed together as you took a shaky breath.

"What? Why not? She's amazing if you'd just give her a chance."

"We just don't like her y/n. Come on baby, you could do so much better."

"No I couldn't! What don't you understand? Taylor is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She loves me for who I am and she cares about me."

"Oh, honey, we love and care about you too, we just don't like her. We don't like her lifestyle and her career and,"

"Well too bad!" You interrupted. "Because I love her. You know what? I just wanna go. Call me when you wake up and actually want to give her a chance."

You stormed out of the kitchen and grabbed your bag before going up to Taylor and grabbing her hand, storming out of your parents house and into the car.

Once you got in there Taylor grabbed your hand, squeezing it tightly.

"Babe what happened?"

You took a deep breath and looked at her, shaking your head and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Absolutely nothing you need to worry about. Let's go home."

She nodded her head, holding your right hand in hers while you used your left to drive.

The words your parents said didn't really bother you much at this point. If they come to their senses you're willing to give them another chance, if not you knew you'd be just fine with Taylor.

Either way, you know you'll be alright.