You wake up and she's not next to you

A/N: she looks so good whoa 😻😻😻
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nightmare had felt so real. You had woken up covered in sweat and you were hyperventilating, trying to catch your breath as you reached out for Taylor only to find that she wasn't next to you. You panicked, this was exactly what happened in your dream and you were terrified that it was actually happening.

You couldn't stop your brain from going in to fight or flight response. You jumped out of bed and started yelling for Taylor, terrified that she wouldn't hear you because she had already left.

You almost reached the bottom of the stairs when you bumped right into her. You weren't sure if she was actually really there in front of you so you wrapped your arms around her neck and ran your hands down her back.

"Y/N? What's going on? What happened baby?"

You pulled away to look at her, your vision blurring as the tears began to fall.

"Oh honey, don't cry! C'mon let's get you back to bed."

You sat at the edge of the bed as Taylor crouched down in front of you, her hands going to caress your face softly, her eyes staring directly in to yours.

She kissed your forehead before walking into the bathroom and filling up a styrofoam cup with some water before joining you in the bedroom again. She found you sitting on the edge of the bed still but Meredith was resting on your lap this time.

She could tell that you were crying and she wasn't sure what to do. She crouched down in front of you again and handed you the water, taking Meredith from your lap and placing her on the bed.

She rested her hands on your thighs while she watched you drink the water before you tossed the cup into the trash can.

She sat down on the bed next to you and scooted your bodies up so you could rest your head comfortably on your pillows, but instead you rested on her chest, your body so close to hers that there wasn't any space left between the two of you.

Your legs tangled with hers while her hands rubbed your back comfortingly.

"What happened honey?"

"I had a nightmare Taylor. It was really bad and it felt so real."

"What about?"

You paused and took a deep breath. She could sense that you were genuinely upset about this particular nightmare and it broke her heart.

"You left. You said you were done and you just left. And then when I woke up you weren't here and I-I-"

"shh y/n. You know that'll never happen. I'm way too in love with you to ever leave you, okay?"

You nodded your head and kept your ear over her heart to listen to it beat in her chest.

"I love you, Taylor."

"I love you more y/n."

She kissed your head and continued to rub your back which eventually lulled you back to sleep. She stayed awake for a few minutes just to make sure you were alright before going to sleep herself.

The entire time she kept a tight grip on you so you'd know she was still there. She always keeps her word and she was definitely not about to change that anytime soon.