Sick at a party (requested)

Taylor kept her grip on your hand tight, not wanting to lose you in the large crowd of people. Taylor had been invited to a fancy party and, of course, asked if she could bring you with her.

You said yes, feeling like you wanted to go out and party a bit. You didn't plan on being sick, but of course, that's how your luck went.

You had a pretty nasty ear infection, the pain was awful and you knew you had a slight fever but you were determined to not let Taylor find out. You didn't want to ruin her night.

Taylor greeted some people as she stepped through the crowd of sweaty bodies. You put on your best fake smile when you arrived at the bar area, Taylor stopping to look at you.

"Want anything to drink, babe?"

You shook your head and sat down on a stool. Taylor nodded and ordered a drink for herself before someone called her name.

She turned around to find a group of people, most likely a few fans, waving at her. She smiled at them and stood up, grabbing your hand in hers and taking a couple steps forward until you let go of her hand.

"y/n?" You shook your head, beginning to feel worse and deciding it was best to stay still.

"You go ahead, Tay. I'm just gonna stay over here."

She frowned, about to ask you what was wrong when you shook your head again.

"Seriously, Tay, go ahead. I'm just gonna chill here for a few."

She hesitated but caved in, letting go of your hand before stepping into the crowd.

It was only a couple hours later but it felt like it'd been way longer.

You followed Taylor everywhere she went, your arms snaked around her waist and your chin on her shoulder.

You kept tugging on your ears, trying to get the sharp pain to go away.

Taylor hadn't noticed because she kept a constant conversation between her and a couple of friends she ran into, but when they left to get a drink, she did.

She removed your arms from around her waist and sat down. You instantly climbed onto her lap and buried your face in her neck, whining when the sharp pain in your ear returned making you tug on it again.

Taylor noticed how you were tugging on your ear and she rubbed your back. "You okay, darling?"

You shook your head and looked at her with tears in your eyes, Taylor's attention only on you now.

She saw how red your ears were from tugging on them so much and you were pale, your fever now worse than it was earlier.

"Shit, y/n. Are you sick, baby?"

You nodded your head before resting it on her shoulder, tugging on your ears again, trying anything you could do to make the pain go away.

Taylor looked around the room before carefully standing up.

"Wrap your arms around my neck and your legs around my waist baby."

You did as she said and she put her arms around your back before she started to walk out of the house.

"Let's get you home, sweetheart."

Your head was resting comfortably on her shoulder and she kept her grip around you gentle, never wanting to take a chance on hurting you in any way.

The walk to the car felt way longer than it did on your way in but when you finally reached it, Taylor unlocked it before opening the passenger side door and sitting you on the seat gently.

All it took was one look at you to see that you felt miserable. She felt your forehead and sighed sadly when she felt just how warm you were.

"You're burning up. Just take it easy, darling. I'm gonna get you home and then we can rest, okay?"

You nodded and she kissed your forehead before closing the door and getting on the driver's side, ready to get you home so you could rest.

She looked over at you a couple of minutes later to find that you had fallen asleep. She smiled and grabbed one of your hands, rubbing her fingers over your knuckles.

She felt relieved when she pulled the car into the driveway, getting out and going to unlock the front door before coming back over to you. You were still sleeping and she knew just how miserable you felt so instead of waking you up and making you walk inside, she picked you up and carried you in.

You didn't wake up, only mumbling in your sleep a bit which made Taylor giggle. She could feel the heat radiating from your body, aware that your fever had to be higher than she hoped it would be.

She gently laid you down on the bed before she covered you up with the blanket. She stroked your forehead before she pressed her lips against it.

She got up and walked into the bathroom to find the thermometer, walking back out a couple of minutes later when she found it to find you awake. She smiled at you and walked over to you, sitting down on the edge next to you.

"Hey beautiful. How are you feeling?"

You winced when the sharp pain in your ear escalated. You tugged on it again only for Taylor to pull your fingers away.

"Hey hey hey. C'mon, let's not do that, darling. Your ear is red."

You whined and squirmed around on the bed.

"Let's check your fever, my love."

She put the thermometer under your tongue and waited for it to beep, smiling when your fingers grabbed onto the hand that wasn't holding the thermometer.

She leaned forward and kissed your nose, running a hand through your hair. She hated seeing you like this; sick and miserable. It hurt her even more knowing she couldn't take it away from you. The thermometer beeped snapping Taylor out of her thoughts.

She looked at it and saw it was 102.6. She put it down on the nightstand before carefully climbing over you and laying down on her side of the bed, wrapping her arms around you to hold you close to her.

Your warm forehead rested against her shoulder, her hands pushing your shirt up to your back a little so she could run her nails against your skin. It made your skin tingle but it also helped you relax.

"Go to sleep, baby. Get some rest. I'll be right here if you need me."

She started to sing delicate in your ear making you drift off to sleep as you listened to her soft, beautiful voice.

Even when you felt horrible, Taylor still made you feel safe.