Cuddles help everything

You laid in yours and Taylor's shared bed, your body on her side of the bed as you tried to cuddle into her scent on her pillowcases and trap her warmth in the blankets.

The room was dark, the curtains were closed, it was quiet, so quiet the only thing you could hear was Meredith and Olivia's paws hitting the floor every once in a while or one of them purring when they'd curl up into you and you'd pet them.

It was just one of those days, one of those days that were just harder than usual. Your mental health wasn't the greatest today and honestly, all you wanted was for Taylor to hold you in her arms as you rested your head on her chest, so close and intimate that you could hear her heartbeat that always seemed to speed up just a little when you would scoot even closer to her.

Unfortunately, Taylor had a couple of things to take care of today. She would've postponed if you would've told her, she was so understanding when it came to your mental health and the struggles you faced with them.

She knew you had your good days and your bad days, she was there for all of them. You didn't want to bother her though, she was working so hard to get her new album finished, you didn't want to get in the way.

You must've drifted off to sleep somehow because the next thing you knew was someone rubbing their hand up and down your back in a soothing matter.

You opened your eyes to see Taylor sitting on the bed next to you, her eyes searching yours. She immediately knew something was wrong and there was no hiding it from her.

"Y/N are you okay?"

"I don't know. I just don't feel good."

"Are you sick, baby?"

She pressed the back of her hand on your forehead making you sigh. You didn't have a fever and you knew she wouldn't find one.

"No. Just one of those days." She paused before nodding her head and leaning forward to kiss your cheek.

"You're laying on my side of the bed, hm?"

"It smells like you. I tried trapping your body heat in the blankets but I don't think it worked."

"Why did you text me? You could've told me and I would've rushed home way earlier. Baby if you would've told me I wouldn't have even gone in today, I would've pushed everything off till you felt better."

"You work so hard Taylor. You've been so excited about finishing up this album and I didn't wanna get in the way."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes before laying down and pulling you into her embrace.

"You never get in the way, you know that, honey."

"But you're home now and that's all that matters. Can we cuddle now Taylor? I just wanna be close to you."

She smiled and nodded her head, letting her lips travel all over your face before finally landing on your lips to give them a couple of sweet and soft kisses.

She pulled the blankets up closer to you, letting the soft and fuzzy fabric rest on your body. You let your eyes close as you breathed in her scent.

"Cuddles help everything. Get some sleep, my love. I'll be right here."

She kissed your cheek once more and watched your eyes flutter a couple of times before they stopped, a small smile on her face when she realized you had fallen back asleep.

She was gonna keep her promise, she'd be there every step of the way for every single breath you'd take. Nothing could compare to the love and appreciation she had for you and she only hoped that one day you'd feel the same way about yourself.