Asthma

I accidentally deleted this chapter earlier so I had to rewrite it and now i'm just publishing it again :)) xx

*****

Being an athlete when you had asthma was difficult. You had to carry your inhaler around everywhere with you and especially when you played.

You're a basketball player, you've had a passion for it since you were a teenager and you never let asthma hold you back from it.

You had a big game tonight and Taylor was in the audience to support you and cheer you on. She kept cheering loudly for you whenever you shot a basket.

Suddenly you began to feel the all too familiar tightening in your chest and the burning feeling in your lungs.

You started to wheeze, the awful sound coming from your lungs as you gasped for air. You ran off the court in search of your bag.

Taylor ran down the bleachers and over to you, your teammates that had been keeping an eye on you from a distance doing the same.

People were crowding around you making you feel even more frightened.

Taylor pushed her way through the crowd of people that had formed around you. She knew exactly what was happening and she knew you needed your inhaler.

People were helping you look for your bag, Taylor looking under the bench you were sitting on and she gasped when she found it, immediately dumping everything out of it on the ground and grabbing the inhaler.

She put it in your mouth and told you to take a deep breath in.

"Breathe, baby." She whispered and had you take another breath before she pumped the inhaler once again.

After you took the second puff of your inhaler she pulled it out of your mouth and put it down on the bench next to you.

Her hands traveled to your shoulders as she coaxed you in to taking steady breaths.

"You're okay, darling. I'm here."

You looked at her before looking around and noticing how everyone was staring at you making you feel nervous and slightly embarrassed.

"She's all good now. Can you guys give her some space?"

Your teammates patted your back before going back on the court, giving you and Taylor space.

"You doing okay now, baby? Breathing easier?"

You nodded and dropped your forehead on her shoulder, your energy slowly coming back as breathed some air into your lungs.

"Yeah, I'm doing good. Thanks for helping me, Tay."

She rubbed your shoulders comfortingly and kissed your cheek making you giggle.

"I'm ready to go back."

She nodded and stood up, grabbing your hand and pressing her lips to it a couple of times.

"Go get 'em, baby." She winked at you before going back up to her seat on the bleachers, proud that even though you got knocked down at times, you always got back up.