Anxiety attacks backstage (requested)

Traveling around with Taylor while she toured was easily one of your favorite things to do. You loved visiting all the beautiful countries and cities, getting to meet fans, eat some delicious new foods, and just have lots of adventures with Taylor.

You've been feeling waves of anxiety here and there for a few days but you pushed through it the best you could, always able to find something to take your mind off of it. But today felt different.

From the moment you woke up in the hotel room this morning you could feel the anxiety. Why? You weren't exactly sure. You just felt anxious.

When you got too anxious you tended to be a little clingy, needing to feel comforted and loved by Taylor, the most.

Taylor never minded. She loved being with you and any excuse she had to hold you close to her was okay with her. She'd never complain.

Unfortunately, she did have a huge show tonight and she hated knowing she was gonna have to leave you for a couple of hours.

You promised her you'd be okay and at first, part of you believed that you would be; but now you were in the midst of an anxiety attack and struggling with sensory overload and all you wanted was Taylor.

You felt like you couldn't breathe and your heart was racing uncontrollably. A crew member that was wandering around backstage noticed you and rushed over to you, waving over a couple more people as they stared at you with wide eyes.

"y/n? Are you okay?"

You shook your head and covered your ears, panting quickly as your was heart racing. You didn't want to hear anything or see anything, everything was just too much.

The crew members continued to look between you and each other with horrified expressions, so unsure of what to do or how to help you.

You weren't sure how much time had passed before a pair of hands grabbed yours from over your ears, intertwining their fingers with yours.

"Honey? It's Taylor."

You opened your eyes when you felt her thumb brush over your bottom lip. You hadn't even noticed you were biting your lip but Taylor had and she feared you were going to make it bleed from how hard you were biting it.

She noticed how quick and heavy your breathing was. She quickly wrapped you in her arms and placed kisses to the crown of your head.

"You need to breathe baby."

You shook your head, trying to breathe but feeling like you couldn't.

"I can't."

Taylor rubbed your back and took a deep breath herself, trying to stay calm herself so she could comfort you.

"You can, honey. I know you can. Just take a deep breath."

You focused on the feeling of her fingers touching your skin so delicately and the smell of her perfume.

You felt your lungs open up as she held you close and whispered sweet things in your ear.

"I love you. I'm right here. Just focus on my voice."

It took a few more minutes before you felt your heart rate return to normal and your breathing even out again.

You pulled away from Taylor and she smiled at you, grabbing your hands and squeezing them lightly making you smile back at her.

"Come on. Let's go back to the hotel."

You nodded your head and stood up on your shaky legs, Taylor's arms wrapping around to hold you close and keep you from falling over. Once you got into the car and your head hit Taylor's shoulder you fell asleep.

Even in the car Taylor still held you close to her, both of you want to remain close to each other and a little afraid to let go.

You woke up when your back hit the hotel mattress, opening your eyes to find Taylor covering you up with the blanket.

"Hey beautiful. How are you doing?"

You yawned and mumbled out a few incoherent things making Taylor giggle.

She slid off her shoes before climbing into bed next to you, her arms wrapping around you once more to hold you close to her.

"Thank you for taking care of me today. I love you, Tay."

She smiled and kissed your forehead.

"Of course, baby. You know I'll always take care of you. I love you so much more."

She began to sing softly in your ear, listening to how your breathing slowed down a bit more as you drifted off to sleep.

She'd be right there when you woke up. She'd never let you go.