She comforts you after a breakup (requested)

You couldn't have seen it coming. After nearly ten months into your relationship with your girlfriend, she broke up with you this morning, not even giving you any explanation as to why.

You felt awful, the heartbreak and loneliness making you want to lock yourself in your apartment and never leave.

At first you didn't want to see or talk to anyone, putting your phone on silent and ignoring every text and phone call you received. But then something changed and all you wanted was Taylor. You didn't want to be alone anymore, you just wanted her.

You dialed her number and pressed your phone to your ear. Even though you were upset and heartbroken, you couldn't stop yourself from smiling when you heard her cheery voice.

"Hey, y/n! What's up?"

You bit your lip and before you could stop it you were in tears once again. "She broke up with me."

You heard Taylor sigh.

She was never the biggest fan of your now ex-girlfriend but always supported you because she cared about you more than words could ever explain.

"Do you want me to come over?"

You paused for a minute before mumbling a 'yes'.

"Okay. I'll be there in just a few minutes y/n, I promise."

You could hear her grab her keys before you hung up the phone and threw yourself back down on your bed, continuing to cry into your pillow.

It wasn't long before you felt a hand on your back. You knew it was Taylor and you didn't hesitate to crawl onto her lap and cry into her soft hoodie, the one she always let you borrow because you admired how soft it was and how it always smelled like her.

"She's not worth your tears y/n."

You felt her fingers raise your shirt a little before they landed on your soft skin.

"I know. But she broke up with me without giving me any reason why. I just don't know what I did wrong."

Taylor placed two of her fingers under your chin, lifting it so you could look into her eyes.

"You didn't do anything wrong y/n, absolutely nothing. You're absolutely amazing and you're gorgeous. It's her loss."

You smiled at her, your heart racing when she swiped her thumbs under your eyes to wipe away your tears.

"I know this might not be the best time to tell you this but I can't help myself. I like you y/n. A lot. And I understand if you don't feel the same because-"

You cut her off by kissing her lips softly. You smiled against her lips when she began to kiss you back.

Her lips were soft and smooth against yours, just like you always envisioned they would be. You pulled away a few seconds later to catch your breath, kissing her cheek and smiling when she giggled.

"I'm really happy you said that Taylor because I like you a lot too."

Taylor let out the most adorable giggle you've ever heard before kissing you again. You melted right into her.

You feared that she could feel how fast your heart was beating, but deep down you didn't care.

After all, she was the reason why it was beating so quickly.

"So I guess you're my girlfriend now." She smirked making you laugh.

You kissed her again, murmuring a quiet 'yes' against her soft lips, both of you smiling into the kiss.

Turns out that breakup was a blessing in disguise.

Taylor's always been the one for you, you just never realized it until now.